Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Limiting Folder Access

Posted Jul 27, 2016 11:12 AM
    I would like to restrict access to a sub-folder under a main folder to only allow myself access to it, how can I do that?
    The group that I am in has access to /Parent_Folder and I have created a sub-folder called /Parent_Folder/Child_Folder/ which I want to be the only one that has access to.

There are no simple way to protect a folder.
    But you can easily prevent other users to access different objects.

For this just right click on your object then go to properties / authorization.
    Here you need to add your user name and complete all the boxes.

Then apply and press OK.

Only the username specified will have access.

• 2.  Limiting Folder Access

Posted Jul 27, 2016 11:42 AM
    For me the issue is that users can move the complete folder.  I need for the users to have access to everything in the folder, but if they move the folder, that can cause issues.

• 3.  Limiting Folder Access

Posted Jul 27, 2016 03:40 PM
    Please do never ever assign rights on object level - that can cause serious issues when the (only) user which is assignet is being deleted (on purpose or per accident).

RickM111
    There is no clear way for your purpose cause if you restrict a folder with access rights - the objects in it can be found via search function.

=> The only safe way for this is using a naming concept and restricting this in a user or user group.

• 4.  Limiting Folder Access

Posted Jul 27, 2016 05:11 PM
    RickM111

For some of my system, I made it so that the user can see all folder/object inside (but for the "folder" themselves, in the authorizations tab, and for the Type "FOLD" I removed the "W" authorization)  So that they can can't create any new object or move the folder but will still have access to everything within the folder (all jobs, jobp, jobi etc... base on the other type permission set)..

• 5.  Limiting Folder Access

Posted Dec 19, 2017 03:42 PM
    On a related note:

In order for your user to be able to view the required jobs, they will also need to be able to view the Folder structure(s) that the jobs reside within. For example, I set my permissions up as follows:

1 || FOLD || \USER_TEST*  (all access)
    1 || JOBI || * (all access, this is for Headers/etc for different job types)
    1 || JOBP || blank
    1 || JOBS || OSA_PRD_CONTACT_CEN* || * || * || (all access)
    1 || QUEUE || CLIENT_QUEUE || (all access)
    1 || LOGIN || AUTOMIC_LOGIN* || (all access) 

What this does is allow for the user to view the contents of the folders contained in the \USER_TEST* directory (and sub-directories), but no others (such as ADMINISTRATION). You'll be able to view Job objects NOT named OSA_PRD_CONTACT_CEN* from the GUI, but shouldn't be able to interact with them (double-clicking should result in an "access denied" error message. The Queue and Login objects can be changed to reflect whichever naming convention has been deemed appropriate by the work center personnel.