Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Executing Lookup via gel

Posted Mar 08, 2019 01:27 AM

I have a requirement, where i want to execute some dynamic loookups from gel script. Is there any way to do the same?

we can execute a nsql query using soap call, so is there any way to call lookup in the same way?

or Clarity uses parsers to parse nsql and execute it, so if i can get idea of those parsers so that NSQL for lookup can be parsed in gel and then it can be executed directly there?

• 2.  Re: Executing Lookup via gel

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:54 AM

If the dynamic lookup is using an SQL query (as they normally do) you can execute the query in GEL and use the result.

See

https://communities.ca.com/thread/101796273?commentID=101805022#comment-101805022 

For one example of SQL in GEL.

• 3.  Re: Executing Lookup via gel

Posted Mar 08, 2019 04:02 AM

But that query in in NSQL format, that can not be executed directly in gel

• 4.  Re: Executing Lookup via gel

Posted Mar 08, 2019 05:17 AM

I am wondering as well what is the purpose of trying to run such a number of lookups in gel that you cannot convert them.

Are the queries such in the first place that you had to use NSQL instead of SQL?

You should most your questions only once. Eg. if it is a question post it in questions. If it is an item on which you want to create discussion, post it in the discussions.

• 5.  Re: Executing Lookup via gel

Posted Mar 08, 2019 05:40 AM

I want to get the default values for all the attributes of all objects. For lookups, hidden key is stored in db but I want display value, which will be visible to user. That’s why I want to execute NSQL behind the lookup to get the display value corresponding to hidden key.