Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  thinktimespec is not working

Posted Apr 11, 2016 02:47 PM

Hi,

ThinktimeSpec in VSI will have any impact if VSM is customized ?

because I have one of the transaction which is made to respond after 38 seconds.. but it is responding as soon as it matches the call..

on the other side after image selection in VSM, i have added execute script step before it calls https responder, which make some some response transformation before sends to client.. is that reason my think time is not working ?

any help please 

• 2.  Re: thinktimespec is not working
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2016 09:12 PM

How did you define the 38 seconds in your VSI?  Did you use 38000 or 38s or 38?

Was your VSM deployed with or changed to have a 0% Think Scale?  Think Scale is used to override the Think Time.

Assuming your VSM customizations only perform actions on the response body, your code should not affect the Think Time value.  The Response's setThinkTimeSpec(...) can be used to change the Think Time returned from the VSI Selection step.  

• 3.  Re: thinktimespec is not working

Posted Apr 12, 2016 06:22 AM

Hi Joel

I tried with multiple ways one is 38000 and 38s as well.. and deployed with 100% ..

but observed it is not waiting for 38 seconds

• 4.  Re: thinktimespec is not working

Posted Apr 12, 2016 08:13 AM

DevTestUser, you may want to open a ticket with CA Support.  Sounds like you did everything correctly.   

• 5.  Re: thinktimespec is not working

Posted Apr 14, 2016 06:34 AM

Thanks Joel.. will try and post the answer