DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Integracion Spectrum - SDM

Posted Aug 26, 2016 03:09 PM

Hi, I have integrated Spectrum 9.4.2 with Service Desk for automatic opening of incidents and I´ll know if possible specify that particular time does not open tickets.

Thanks

Patricio

• 2.  Re: Integracion Spectrum - SDM

Posted Aug 29, 2016 05:03 PM

Hi Patricio

I'm sorry - I don't understand.  Would you please rephrase the question?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Integracion Spectrum - SDM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 08:19 AM

Hi Patricio,

The CA Spectrum and CA Service Desk Manager integration supports two ways for Automatic Ticket Creation:

Note: Automatic ticket creation is an optional feature. Operators can instead create all tickets manually. By default, the integration does not automatically create tickets for any CA Spectrum alarms.

- Method 1 - OneClick Administration - Service Desk Configuration page
    Select the alarm type for which you would like Service Desk tickets created automatically.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/9-4-3/en/integrating/ca-service-desk-and-ca-spectrum/how-to-install-and-configure-the-integration/configure-the-oneclick-server/select-ca-spectrum-alarm-types-in-oneclick-for-automatic-ticket-creation

- Method 2 - SANM and SDNotifer
    The Alarm Notification Manager (SANM) is a CA Spectrum component that enhances the functionality of CA Spectrum alarm-processing applications. You can take advantage of the SANM alarm filtering capabilities to configure the alarms that create CA Service Desk Manager trouble tickets. To enable this feature, deploy special Alarm Notifier scripts (SDNotifer) that create, clear, and update CA Service Desk Manager tickets.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/9-4-3/en/integrating/ca-service-desk-and-ca-spectrum/using-the-integration/using-sanm-with-ca-service-desk-manager

So now let's get back to your question.

If you are using the Method 1, you will have to disable the integration, or remove all alarm type from the list.

If you are using the Method 2, you can set a kind of "schedule" for the SANM application.
    There is no ability to define an end to the schedule, as the assumption is made that a different schedule will be in place if/when the current one needs to change. The Start of the new one would bring the end of the current.
    Basically schedule the policy to associate to the default policy at a certain time, then have the default policy do nothing.

Thanks,

Silvio

• 4.  Re: Integracion Spectrum - SDM

Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:40 PM

Hi,

I used maintenance schedules on the devices and thus tickets are not opened during the maintenance window.

thanks for your help!!!

regards

Patricio

• 5.  Re: Integracion Spectrum - SDM

Posted Sep 05, 2016 09:16 AM

Patricio,

Tene en cuenta que al poner los dispositivos en mantenimiento, si bien los tickets no se van a abrir, vas a perder cualquier historico de eventos o alarmas que se generen en ese periodo, de los cuales podrias querer tener algun tipo de reporte general.

Saludos!