AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 26, 2015 01:30 PM

I installed Common Components11.3.6 using the sudo option, but, it failed.  Should uninstall/install or fix this install.  Please advise.

• 2.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 26, 2015 01:33 PM

is it a full sudo for everything or just for the install program. you do know that it calls many other routines within it.

and not knowing which part fails doesn't help much Akbar.

Perhaps opening a ticket may be more advantageous.

Good Luck.

Steve C.

======================================

• 3.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:10 PM

Entire install program ran with sudo.  It failed in the finishing up section.  Where it was setting up dsa id.

I have opened a ticket with CA, no answer yet.

I am wondering, if I uninstall, would everything be uninstall?

Regards,

AkBar Dar

• 4.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:12 PM

sounds like sudo didnt have permission to set the id or it may have already existed.

Not sure without seeing the error. usually uninstalling isn't enough you always need to remove directory etc.

I would diagnose before uninstalling. but that is just me. once i know that i have to then i would uninstall and remove all traces then start again..

All part of the job.. good luck.

Steve C.

• 5.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 26, 2015 04:12 PM

Akbar, see if you can post the error message here. EEM installs can fail due to multiple reasons. the latest that I discovered was that it failed because the root id didn't have csh set as the shell. I know it worked on other systems that don't have the default shell for root set to /bin/csh, but CA also has a TEC doc describing the requirement. then there's libuuid, sufficient space under /tmp etc. Please post the error if you can.

Thanks,

Deekshit

• 6.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:11 PM

Solved;

I had 750 on the /opt/CA directory.  When install su dso to start the server, it failed on permission, because dsa account did not have the other or any group permission.

• 7.  Re: I install EEM on Linux using sudo, but, it failed

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:14 PM

so it was permissions after all. Glad you got it resolved..