CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unified Self Service - Chat with Analyst

Posted Oct 19, 2015 10:27 PM

Looking into the Chat with Analysts functionality within Unified Self Service.  I can't find anything specific on how to get it up and running.  Currently when I click on the link I get returned a Failed to fetch support URL message.

• 2.  Re: Unified Self Service - Chat with Analyst

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2015 10:36 PM

Hi gizmo1969,

When you click on Chat option in USS,  USS queries SDM server (as listed in the SDM datasource of USS) via SOAP to verify Support Automation options.  If its installed, it queries SDM by user’s email_address. Then it obtains a bopsid from SDM and uses that to start a SA End user session (in a new browser window/tab) from the USS end user session where the Chat button was clicked.

It is possible that the error surfaces because the user’s email address search did not return any results.

I’d check  \OSOP\logs\liferay**** logs  to see what error message got written to the logs there.  And look at SDM’s stdlogs/jsrvr.log  for more information too.  If you need to see the SOAP calls that USS is placing into SDM,   you could enable SDM Jsrvr logging (no need to restart anything, just wait 1 min after running this command on SDM Server):

Pdm_log4j_config -f SDM_WEB -l DEBUG -a -s 30MB

Now debug is enabled on SDM tomcat and you can see SOAP calls being received on SDM via jsrvr.log file.

_R