Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

AD Hoc Report Time Period Sorted Alphabetically instead of chronlogically

• 1.  AD Hoc Report Time Period Sorted Alphabetically instead of chronlogically

Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:30 AM

I am trying to set my first AD Hoc view. I want to see my investment ID and have the Forecasted Capital cost per month. (Pretty basic)

I had a filter for the Fiscal year which start in april.... the report column are display in the following Order:

April 2015, August 2015, December 2015, February instead of  April 2015, May 2015, June 2015

I only found a way to sort ascending or descending the order of the column and I can't figure a way to change the format of the date to show "2015-04" instead of "April 2015" ....

Could you help me out and let me know how can we display the month in the proper order?

Is this have to do with the Timesline name define by the Consultant, should all time slice be renamed?

TimePeriodAdHocSortingProiblem.jpg

• 2.  Re: AD Hoc Report Time Period Sorted Alphabetically instead of chronlogically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 06:54 PM

IF this is for Fiscal Time Periods from the Data Warehouse Entity,

Go to Administration, Financial Management: Setup, Locate the Entity that is used for the Data Warehouse

Click 'Fiscal Time Periods' tab

Change the Name of each period to something like YYYY-MM

The text string labels then will sort properly.