DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Failed to start Archive Manager

Posted Sep 11, 2017 07:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hello friends,

Help me please

My Archive Manager is not getting UP.
    It's my main server Locator, it has been restored with valid backup and with the command to "repair" unsuccessfully.

The Archive Manager has been shutdown because it could not determine its precedence.  The most likely causes:
       1) Fault-tolerance is not fully established.

full record attached

Can anyone help with this problem, please ...

Tks

Valter

Attachment(s)

zip
    ARCHMGR.OUT.zip   489 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Failed to start Archive Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 08:54 AM

Hello Valter

Assuming you have Fault Tolerance set up in your environment, it sounds like Archive Manager many not be able to connect to the correct landscape, which can happen if there is a conflict of Precedence values in the Landscape Map. I would suggest to check the Landscape Map:

1. Using a bash shell, nav to <SPECROOT>/SS-Tools and run the following commands:

./MapUpdate -v

./HostUpdate -v 

These will give you output of the Landscape Handles and Precedence values. I would suggest running these commands on both Primary and Secondary servers for comparison. If the Fault Tolerant server precedence value is incorrect, you can try to resolve that by reloading a recent Primary SSdb file into the Secondary server and setting the precedence value:

1. copy a SSdb save file from the Primary MLS to the Secondary MLS <SPECROOT> directory

2. Using a bash shell, nav to <SPECROOT>/SS

3. Run the following command: 

../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il -replace <precedence> <savefile>

example: ../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il -replace 20 MyPrimaryDB.SSdb

If that does not solve the issue, then you may want to open a Support case for further troubleshooting. 

Hope that helps. 

~ Jay V. 

• 3.  Re: Failed to start Archive Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2017 12:18 AM

Hi Valter,

Below is the URL in regards to how to establish fault tolerance.

URL: Establish Fault Tolerance - CA Spectrum - 10.2 and 10.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope it helps.

Yan