DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Removing config from a probe using probe_config_set

Posted Jul 12, 2019 11:44 AM
    I'm creating a probe which will allow us to deploy custom monitoring profiles to various probes including CDM, this will be to allow our users to configure their own monitoring thresholds from a web portal where we can control access, this will be outside UMP. MCS has been excluded as an option and our estate is too large to be managed manually. 

The issue i have is i know how to create the config but not how to remove the config if the monitoring profile is no longer wanted.

I'm pretty sure its possible using probe_config_set callback on the controller but not on how to do it?

• 2.  RE: Removing config from a probe using probe_config_set

Posted Jul 12, 2019 12:57 PM
    The term used 'profiles' is a bit ambiguous to me in this context. Some probes use profiles and more can be added or removed as needed. Some probes such as cdm does not use profiles. 

The concern on my part is if a client removes a profile from say logmon, it continues running the existing enabled profiles. If a client removes the cdm configuration it is now doing nothing at all. That may be want is desired for it to not be running, and if that's the case then it would be better it was set to disabled which can be done via a callback to controller.

Another option is for your application to have a history function. So when a client removes a probe configuration, rather than 'removing' the last cfg version is deployed, or your default cfg is deployed. This will remove the client's customization, and maintain the integrity of the probe.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Removing config from a probe using probe_config_set
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2019 07:53 AM
    You can 'clear', 'overwrite' or 'delete' a section or key in the config file.
    See: https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=34027

• 4.  RE: Removing config from a probe using probe_config_set

Posted Jul 16, 2019 02:23 PM
    Which reminds me there is also webservices_rest for updating cfg.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/probe-development-tools/restful-web-services/webservices_rest-apis/webservices_rest-call-reference/probe-calls

Support Engineer
    Broadcom