DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA UIM Upgrade and Migration

Posted Jun 24, 2019 01:13 PM
    We are currently on Windows 2008 R2 CA UIM v8.5.1. We need to upgrade CA UIM to v9.0.2 and migrate it Windows 2016 OS.
    Could someone please provide any documentation or links. Any standard procedure to migrate 2008 R2 server to Windows 2016 OS.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Ravi.

• 2.  RE: CA UIM Upgrade and Migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2019 01:23 PM
    Edited by Alex Yasuda Jun 24, 2019 01:24 PM
    BEFORE ANY CHANGES, DO A VM SNAPSHOOT AND FOR THIS KIND OF MIGRATION/UPGRADE, WE RECOMMEND YOU TO ENGAGE BROADCOM SERVICES

OS Upgrade, you need to follow MS Documents:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/installation-and-upgrade#upgrading-to-windows-server-2016

UIM Upgrade Documentation:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/en/upgrading/ca-uim-upgrade-step-3-deploy-the-upgrade/upgrade-uim-server

------------------------------
    Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CA UIM Upgrade and Migration

Posted Jun 04, 2021 02:34 PM
    Sr i write from Panama, i have the same problem ,

I currently own Cauim 8.5x with many servers and computers connected.
    However, for server update issues, I will have to change the operating system. My question is how you can migrate to version 20.3 on a Windows 2019 server, and add without losing all the probes, statistics and revisions of the server that Cauim 8.5 has. I don't want to do double work, just export everything to the new server, but with version 20.3. Can you help me with this issue.

Please write me to rrodriguez@adrtec.com

• 4.  RE: CA UIM Upgrade and Migration

Posted Jun 04, 2021 02:57 PM
    The Windows OS version is independent of the UIM install. So long as you maintain compatibility of supported versions.

My suggestion would be to do an in place upgrade of windows to the latest windows version supported by 8.5.

Then step through the UIM upgrades until you get to your desired version or an unsupported version of windows.

Then repeat upgrading the Windows OS. then UIM.  Until you get where you need to be.

There's the possible need to also upgrade your database software because 8.5 supported versions of SQL server that are not supported by 20.3.3 for instance. Same is true for the other database products.

• 5.  RE: CA UIM Upgrade and Migration

Posted Jun 04, 2021 05:26 PM

Thank you very much Sr., I would like, can you send me the process if possible, manuals or other video. 

I learned this product on my own but I have to give support to clients, since the person who knew the product no longer works with us.