DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SPEC 10.1.1 - Access Service Dashboard as "normal" User

Posted Sep 26, 2016 06:26 AM

Hi all,

we want to use Service Dashboard for our Helpdesk having the ability to quickly see the status of relevant network-services.

But reading thru the docs it is said that:

- To access the Service Dashboard, Service Manager license is required. (Or Admin rights).

As staff only has RO rights service dashboard cannot be executed by them, and in our installation no Service Manager license is available.

Anybody out there knowing how/if helpdesk users can be granted access to service dashboard to "only" view the service status?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lothar

• 2.  Re: SPEC 10.1.1 - Access Service Dashboard as "normal" User

Posted Sep 26, 2016 09:48 AM

The only way I found to give a user access to Service Dashboard is to assign them a Service Manager license. 

• 3.  Re: SPEC 10.1.1 - Access Service Dashboard as "normal" User
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 10:16 AM

A Service Manager license is definitely required since in the past Service Manager, as were Operator and Administrator roles were purchasable products that were licensed separately.  So, a customer could have a license for 5 operator users, 2 administrators, and 1 service manager as an example.  This was probably ten years ago but I can't speak to specific customer licenses where this may or may not still be true.  This was separate from the access rights (RO/RW, etc.) that a user on a particular licensed role had. 

• 4.  Re: SPEC 10.1.1 - Access Service Dashboard as "normal" User

Posted Sep 27, 2016 02:11 AM

Hi all,

thanks for your tips.

With adding the Service Manager License to the group of users (Group:rightClick>Component Detail>Licenses>Add/Remove>Service Manager) I was able to further grant them access to Service Dashboard.

Now two now Roles (Service ManagerRO / ServiceManagerRW) are available in UserGroup Access-Tab.

Thanks

Lothar