DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

• 1.  Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Has anyone successfully located the documentation for Jasper 6.3? I mean the full documentation, not the simple overview in the Report Manager installation section. 6.3 includes integrated installation for TomCat and PostgreSQL now which is great (I'll blow away what I had previously since it was basically useless anyway in terms of reports and I never could get BOXI4.1 to work properly with Spectrum 10.1).

I've attempted the install, but it just seems to hang on two separate tries now. Anyone do a successful install yet? Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 01:23 PM

Go to https://docops.ca.com in the Select a Product field type in Jasper and you'll see three docs for CA Business Intelligance Jasper Reports Server 6.1.0, 6.2.0 and 6.3.0.

• 3.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:27 PM

I successfully installed JasperReports 6.3 by following this guide:

Installing CABI 6.3 Using GUI Installer on Windows or Linux 

Thanks,

Silvio

• 4.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:43 PM

I'm getting a "Page not found" when I follow this link. Likewise, JasperReports is only showing 6.1.0 and 6.2.0.

Question:  Does anyone know if I have to be on Spectrum 10.2 for Jaspersoft 6.3 to install / integrate properly? We won't be upgrading for another month and I'd like to check out what changes are in store with the new 6.3 version...

Thanks!

Tom

• 5.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 05:01 PM

Thomas I will forward this to our docops team to figure out why you are not seeing the 6.3 docs.

• 6.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2016 12:54 AM

Hi Thomas,

Below is the documentation link to Jasper pages on spectrum doc. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-report-manager/cabi-jasperreports-server

Below is the documentation link to Jasper pages from common CABI Jasper documentation

https://docops.ca.com/display/CABI630

Thanks

• 7.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Posted Dec 21, 2016 06:55 AM

I opened a ticket for this yesterday and they seem to have fixed the issue. I can now get to the link provided by Ravi

• 8.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:51 AM

Thanks Ravi!

I did find, however, that the Prerequisite section under Silent Installation went to "Page not found." I'm trying to determine if I can upgrade my existing 6.1 install while still running Spectrum 10.1.1 or if I have to wait for 10.2.

Tom  

• 9.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2016 08:20 AM

Sure Thomas.

Will get the Prerequisite problem in the doc pages fixed.

Jasper 6.3 will work with Spectrum 10.2. You need to upgrade spectrum as well to 10.2 if you want to upgrade Jasper to 6.3.

• 10.  Re: Jasper 6.3 Documentation seems to be missing

Posted Dec 21, 2016 08:27 AM

Thanks Ravi, I thought that might be the case. Will hold off until I get 10.2 installed.

Tom