DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Modeling Gateway export using CMDB Option

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:00 PM

We are trying to export all the models in Spectrum using modeling gateway tool kit CMDB option. While doing this, observed that, for all Windows/Linux/AIX servers it is not assigning the proper class/family like Windows/Linux/AIX. Instead, it is assigning the class as "Other Operating System" based on the below CMDBClassMapping defined in ".cmdbresource.xml" file (based on the model class).

<CMDBClassMapping>
    <CMDBClass family="Hardware" class="Other Operating System"/>
    <SPECTRUMModelClass>9</SPECTRUMModelClass> <!-- Workstation-Server -->
    <SPECTRUMModelClass>113</SPECTRUMModelClass> <!-- File Server -->
    </CMDBClassMapping>

Is there any possibility to use attribute SysDescr (0x10052) and define the class as Windows/Linux/AIX based on the SysDescr value?

Our goal is to identify the CIs based on operating system (In CMDB, we want to use it as class).

Regards,

Rajashekar

• 2.  Re: Modeling Gateway export using CMDB Option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Rajashekar,

I took a look at the docs and the files and it looks like that cannot be done.  The CMDB export just takes the Spectrum Model Class and makes the entry to CMDB according to what is in the CMDBClassMapping.  There isn’t any other way to customize it (unless you can create custom classes in CMDB? – then you could change the mapping in the cmdbresource.xml file to utilize that class instead).  Either way it doesn’t look like it can be done.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken.

Cheers

Jay