Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of flow

• 1.  can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of flow

Posted Feb 09, 2017 02:32 PM

Can anyone please share a use case for Variable process block in ARD?

I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that should be initialized before generating paths.

• 2.  Re: can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:30 PM

Can you please provide more details as to what exactly you're trying to do, and critically, why you're trying to do it.

It's important to keep in mind ARD is not a workflow engine, data never controls path generation - so what you're directly asking for doesn't exist, instead, the paths that are generated control the data based on the blocks and decisions they pass through.

That said, there are many generation options, so please describe to me in more detail what it is you're trying to do.

• 3.  Re: can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi Prince, 

Are you able to provide more detail of what you are trying to accomplish with Agile Designer?

If we do not hear back from you today, I would suggest reaching out to your CA Account Manager- Richard Fronek (richard.fronek@ca.com) so that he can find a resource from our CA Services or Pre-Sales team to help you with your implementation.

If this is your first time using the product, I would suggest looking at our training offerings here: https://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/learning-path/test-data-management.pdf  

You can also read through our online documentation here: CA Agile Requirements Designer Home - CA Agile Requirements Designer - 2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I would also suggest reviewing our available YouTube videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO7SodxCJyn4mqM5LSK4cU5Ra1KnTludw 

Best regards, 

Taylor

• 4.  Re: can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of

Posted Feb 10, 2017 10:07 AM

I am part of TDM COE team in State Street. We are trying to optimize test cases imported via excel in ARD. While generating stored paths, I need to specify all row combinations for decision blocks so that ARD should generate intended path (but there will be some unwanted combinations as well). To handle it, I need to add some path constraints.

But as an alternative, I was thinking if I have option to specify a variable in the path so that decision block should route to correct direction.

If possible, can you pls share a use of 'Variable Process Block' available under Visual flow tab. It is an existing entity in ARD.

• 5.  Re: can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:03 AM

Okay, I understand now. 

It's hard to say without viewing your flow (perhaps a WebEx is in order), but the typical way of dealing with unwanted & invalid combinations is to either use constraints or to refactor the model to reflect the truth.

If the unwanted combinations are valid, but just not wanted right now, pins & filters are very flexible ways to achieve this. 

Whilst that block exists, it is deprecated and never did what you are (understandably) assuming it to- You can't control the paths with data. 

Kind regards,

Benjamin.

• 6.  Re: can you pls share a use case for Variable proccan you pls share a use case for Variable process in ARD. I am designing a flow in ARD. My requirement is to control stored path generation based on some variable that will initialized at the beginning of

Posted Feb 13, 2017 10:54 AM

Variable Process BlkThanks a lot Benjamin,

I am able to resolve my use case using pins.

But still I curious to know the use of attached 'Variable Process Block'? and where is the option to use 'Filters'