IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 08, 2016 04:55 PM

While re-assigning a request to another user my operator fails with the following soap response:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<soapenv:Body>

<soapenv:Fault>

<faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>NO AHD03057:Object is CO 2088FFC82368C3429F8295E7DE85FAED</faultstring>

<faultactor/>

<detail>

<ErrorMessage>NO AHD03057:Object is CO 2088FFC82368C3429F8295E7DE85FAED</ErrorMessage>

<ErrorCode>1002</ErrorCode>

</detail>

</soapenv:Fault>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Any Insight towards mitigation or avoiding this is greatly appreciated!

• 2.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 08, 2016 06:06 PM

I think that the error is indicating that the object is already checked out (open for editing by another person or process).

• 3.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 08, 2016 08:05 PM

I was thinking that was the case as well. Is there a way to check if an object is actually checked out prior to executing a operation against? I would think I could be able to try, on fail wait a minute and try again, do this for a few attempts and if that finally fails on the nth attempt, run my exception block. Is this possible?

• 4.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 09, 2016 09:20 AM

Btw thanks Lindsay,

After a little bit of research and to elaborate on my thought here I think what I'm looking for is the flag I need to observe in the Service Desk Request object that denotes whether or not it is locked. Then I can set up a polling operator against that to hold off on any changes until I get a good response back. Any insight here to that flag/field is greatly appreciated.

• 5.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2016 10:05 AM

I don't think this is a path that will yield results for you. An object (such as a ticket) is locked whenever a user click the Edit button or some similar activity (such as Activities...Log Comment). The lock is released when the user completes their action, cancels their action or the lock times out (by default, 5 minutes).

Your process will just have to wait and retry when an update fails because the object is locked.

• 6.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 09, 2016 10:52 AM

I can accept that. My thinking here though was that it might be less expensive to select a int or a bit field denoting a lock on the database rather than deal with the expense of firing off the full action.  Having a custom operator that can sit in the path as a sort of gate keeper to further actions down the chain to prevent the exception in my mind would seem easier to set up rather than build a series of exception loops? Keep in mind I'm still rather new at this and still feeling my way through how PAM likes to handle these things. Anyways, appreciate all the input Lindsay!

• 7.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 10, 2016 02:24 AM

Look at the exception handling framework in the PAM component of the Content Pack for ITIL for SDM.  When any operator fails with this return code, the exception handler just waits a configured period of time and retries the operator.  No need to add anything special to an individual operator, just add the exception handling framework to your project and delete the 'error' exit from the operator.  The framework also handles session timeout by requesting a new SID (assuming you're using SOAP calls rather than the SDM Connector), and when all else fails it launches a User Request asking for directions (retry the operator, skip the operator and continue, or end the process).  Highly recommended.

• 8.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 10, 2016 09:12 AM

Thank you James, This actually seems very much on target what I was looking for. (Perfect actually). I've been meaning to do a little more digging into the exception handling. I had my hands on some example scripts for this but I can't seem to locate it. This community is awesome.

• 9.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jun 10, 2016 09:14 AM

Oops, I meant to elaborate a little further before i closed there. I'll see if i can find the ITIL Content Pack and go from there. I'll let you know how I make out. Again thanks!

• 10.  Re: Assign Request Operator Fails

Posted Jul 08, 2016 04:43 PM

Hey James,

Can you point me to some documentation on this? I've tried to incorporate this into my current workflow but I'm having a hard time finding anything on this.

Thanks!