Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Oct 19, 2009 11:25 AM
    After removing a process in the Initiated Processes Tab,  I am getting a "System error. Contact system administrator. Message" in the Organizer>Action Items tab.  It only occurs if the filter is set to "All" or "Process" and the View is set to " Action Items Assigned to me". So it looks like the Action Item lost the link to the deleted process.    Getting the following in the App-niku.log:  ERROR 2009-10-19 16:20:32,025 [http-80-Processor1] niku.xql2 (jcampos:5441058__3a0662f9:calendar.actionItemList) Internal Processing exception
    com.niku.calendar.CalendarException: internal
    at com.niku.calendar.xbl.handlers.AIBPMStatusesHandler.postProcess(AIBPMStatusesHandler.java:84)
    at com.niku.xql2.XQLVisitor.postProcess(XQLVisitor.java:1355)...  jcampos is my user id.  Any ideas  Thanks,  Joni  

• 2.  Re: Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Oct 20, 2009 10:02 AM
    Hi All,  Any input here for Joni?   I will also try and check with some folks.  Thanks,Chris

• 3.  Re: Action Item System Error after removing process
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2009 06:39 AM
    Hi All,  We found that the Action Items table lost the process id information after we deleted some of the process instances. Opened a  CASE at support  and they sent us a update to reset the process id reference in the Action Item table.  This solved the problem and Action Items notification are working now. Still don ´t know if this is a bug or a problem with one of the wrokflow we ran.  CA support gave us a fast repply and we were able to solve the problem very quickly.  Special thanks to German from support.    Thanks Chris for your support also.    

• 4.  Re: Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Oct 21, 2009 08:25 AM
    Thanks Joni!   I have passed your appreciation onto German and his managers.

• 5.  Re: Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Oct 25, 2009 01:25 AM
    Hi Joni,     It will bereally helpful if you post the solution here.     ~ Sonal  

• 6.  RE: Re: Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Aug 08, 2012 02:10 PM
    We are having practically the same problem plus one.

Background:

I get a support call because someone cannot approve an idea from his notifications. When he clicked on the notification item, he would get the standard, "System error. Contact system administrator." Then when he would go to his Action Items tab, he would get the same error.

After a little research, I found that every notification he would receive the error on was because the process behind it was already done. If the process was not done, he did not receive the error. So I deleted all done processes which only left 3 running processes. This raised a big, huge red flag because we usually have hundreds of processes running all the time.

Errors from app_niku.log when accessing the Action Items tab:
    com.niku.bpm.BpmException: getProcessName - Cannot get process name. Did not get exactly one rowset with one row back No of rowset: 1 No of rows: 0
    3 different - com.niku.calendar.CalendarException: internal

Questions:

Would you share what CA Support did to help you solve your problem?
    Does anyone know what could have made all our processes all of a sudden just stop as if they completed properly?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

• 7.  RE: Re: Action Item System Error after removing process

Posted Aug 08, 2012 05:48 PM
    Hi jcs,

As this is a pretty old post you might be better off checking with Support itself on this as I suspect the resolution would need to come from them.

Thanks,
    Chris