Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work

Posted Mar 27, 2015 02:33 PM

How do you go about removing a Resource from your project team when they are finished. We have resources that are finished working for the project but when we try and remove them from the team we get an error that states ErrorErrorPRJ-07580: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition. I don't think it is a security issues as I have administrator rights and we don't use requisitions. So it must be the Committed Actuals.

• 2.  Re: Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work

Posted Mar 27, 2015 03:01 PM

Once a resource has logged actuals to a project, they cannot be removed.

To exclude the resource from future planning, remove all allocations and ETCs from their assignments.

This is by design.  Think of the project as a snapshot of all work that has ever been done.  The resource has to remain on the team so you can see that they did work.  The allocations and ETCs are what is used to denote that the person still has work left to do.

• 3.  Re: Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work

Posted Aug 30, 2018 02:05 PM

In my case I pulled the Actuals column , it shows Zero, but I face the same error.

• 4.  Re: Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 11:28 AM

Is there a requisition open for this user?  If so try deleting the requisition and then try removing him again.

Do you have hard booking rights for that user?  If not, you will not be able to remove him.

Just a couple of additional things you can look at.

Jeanne

• 5.  Re: Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work

Posted Aug 31, 2018 01:02 PM

No Requisitions, but i see the resource in the Effort task and there are no actuals posted, Is this stopping me to remove her from Team tab?