DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Request.cfg

Posted Feb 21, 2012 04:51 PM

Anyone using the request.cfg file to automatically load packages after robot installs?  I have read in the forum about this process, but I need an example of the format of the file so I can test it.  We are testing the cloud install for the robot and need to have probes loaded after the 1st reboot. 

• 2.  Re: Request.cfg
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 05:40 PM

I believe it's something like this.  Mysuperprobe is just a bunch of probes and default configs.

<distribution request>

packages = MySuperProbe, robot_update

</distribution request>

Put in a file called request.cfg  says it needs to be in just the Nimsoft directory if that don’t work probably the robot directory.

• 3.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Feb 21, 2012 06:16 PM

Be aware that the distserv needs to be a on a hub that isn't across a tunnel.

• 4.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Feb 21, 2012 06:51 PM

Thanks, this is working great.

• 5.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Feb 21, 2012 07:48 PM

The request.cfg file lists a number of packages that should be distributed to the robot.

If the file exists in the Nimsoft install directory on controller startup / restart, the controller will request these packages from the distribution server at its current hub.

The format of this file is as follows:

<distribution request>

packages =

distsrv =

</distribution request>

The file is removed after the install commands have been successfully issued to the distribution server.

If the distribution server is not explicitly named, the distribution server of the hub to which the robot is connected will be used.

• 6.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Oct 15, 2012 07:08 PM

"If the file exists in the Nimsoft install directory on controller startup / restart, the controller will request these packages from the distribution server at its current hub."

Does the request.cfg have to exist in a particular folder? If so ... which particular directory on Linux... and which particular directory on Windows?

• 7.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Oct 15, 2012 09:35 PM

The directory in which you will be installing the robot.

Usually this is /opt/nimsoft on Linux and C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft on Windows.

• 8.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Oct 15, 2012 09:51 PM

Also it is wherever you run the install package (MSI or RPM)  If it is in the same directory as the install file, it reads it.

• 9.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Jan 30, 2013 06:42 PM

If you specify a Distsrv full address of a Distsrv that is across a tunnel will that work?

<distribution request>

packages =

distsrv =

</distribution request>

• 10.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted Jan 30, 2013 11:57 PM

Pretty sure the request.cfg won't work through a tunnel even with the distsrv address specified.

• 11.  Re: Request.cfg

Posted May 17, 2014 09:28 AM

Just an FYI for others who are looking to do this, if you specify the hub that this robot will get the files from, have to provide full path down to the distsrv in the distsrv line I found. Otherwise controller.log says can't find package ***.

Example:

request.cfg:

<distribution request>
    packages = WindowsBase_SuperPack1, Pack2, Pack3
    distsrv=/DOMAIN/Hub01/RobotName/distsrv
    </distribution request>

Place this in your \Nimsoft\ install directory and cycle the robot service. Watch the controller.log for errors. Bump it up to level 3 for more info.