DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SANM Email variations

Posted Nov 13, 2017 05:18 AM

Hi,

We send out emails for alarms to different customers but these are generic based on the alarm type and what we configured in events.

Is it possible to create specific emails based on different attributes (namely the security string being unique) ?

For example putting in links to customer specific documentation ?

cheers,

Ian

• 2.  Re: SANM Email variations

Posted Nov 15, 2017 02:43 AM

Hi, anyone got a view on this ?

• 3.  Re: SANM Email variations

Posted Nov 15, 2017 02:50 AM

What scenario - that SANM does not cover already - do you have in mind ? In SANM you can use pretty much any filter available, maybe not directly, but through a GC search.

Do you want to have a dynamic recipient, based on the device ? If so, then you can use the Notes or Contact field from the device model to send it to the specified recipiend and create a Notifier that does that.

• 4.  Re: SANM Email variations

Posted Nov 15, 2017 03:30 AM

No just to clarify that for say a device down alarm for one customer I want different wording on an email than to another customer and it is that I am looking for ?

• 5.  Re: SANM Email variations

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2017 07:51 AM

You would have to custom script this in the SetScript.  There isn't any out of the box functionality to achieve this.

Cheers

Jay

• 6.  Re: SANM Email variations
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2017 07:53 AM

You could have different functions to produce the email, based on a Model attribute (Sec. String, Organization, etc.) in the Set/Clear script, i.e.

• Org=org1, use the echo_info_org1 function to produce the mail body.
    • Org=org2, use the echo_info_org2 ...
    • etc.