DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 05, 2018 06:05 PM

Hi,

I am working on the integration of spectrum with third party application, I have gone through the documentation of mapping non SNMP alert data to a CA spectrum through Southbound gateway. We are using the XML files to send non SNMP alert data from third party application to spectrum through southbound gateway I have followed all the steps given in the documentation  and created a sample non SNMP alert data xml file after creating this xml file we need to run the sbgwimport tool from third party application server.

How to run the sbgwimport tool from third party application server and how to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server please provide a detailed procedure or screen shots of it.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server
    Best Answer

• 3.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 06, 2018 11:46 AM

Joe ,

What is use of packtool.pl ,can you throw some light on this with practical words .

• 4.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 06, 2018 12:06 PM

The document link at How to Pack Up CA Spectrum Utilities and Move Them to Another Computer - CA Spectrum - 10.1 to 10.1.2 - CA Technologies …  discusses in detail how to run the packtool.pl script to pack up the Spectrum utilities and move them to another third party machine.

The documentation at Southbound Gateway Toolkit - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  discusses how to use the Southbound Gateway.

Joe

• 5.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 06, 2018 05:37 PM

Hi

I have tried the above packuptool.pl script and I have extracted bundled file and done all the necessary steps given in the documentation but I’m getting the below error by running the  sbgwimport  command with xml file as input file.

• Please find the below screen shot of error message by running the sbgwimport  command with xml file as input file

Thanks

• 6.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 09, 2018 08:07 AM

Could you please upload the test.xml and the debug files for review?

Joe

• 7.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 10, 2018 05:17 PM

Hi,

Please find the below test.xml file, i haven't found debug file but please find the below screens shot by running the command in debug mode.

test.xml

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <!DOCTYPE Import SYSTEM ".sbgwimport.dtd">
    <Import>
    <Event eventType = "0x5990001" uniqueId1 = "xyzLocation"
    uniqueId2 = "abcPortNumber" eventAdminName = "Test"
    modelClass = "Router"
    userDefined_101 = "Test Application Name" />
    <Event eventType = "0x5990001" uniqueId1 = "xyzLocation"
    uniqueId2 = "defPortNumber"
    eventAdminName = "Test" />
    <Event eventType = "0x5990001" targetAddress = "172.19.251.116"
    eventAdminName = "Test" />
    </Import>

Thanks

• 8.  Re: How to send this sbgwimport tool from spectrum installed server to third party application server

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:21 AM

From the above I am assuming INHUSZ1-CASP is the hostname of the SpectroSERVER, correct? 

The error indicates SBG could not connect to  INHUSZ1-CASP. Recommend checking the following:

1. Network communication between the third party system and  INHUSZ1-CASP

2. Hostname resolution between the third party system and  INHUSZ1-CASP

3. Ensure there are no firewall issues between the third party system and  INHUSZ1-CASP

4. Add the hostname or ip address of the third party system to the $SPECROOT/.hostrc file on  INHUSZ1-CASP

5. Not 100% on this one but the sbgwimport command running on the third party system was run as the root user. I believe the user used to run the sbgwimport command has to be a valid user in the Spectrum database. I personally not run the command as the root user nor create a root user in the Spectrum database. I recommend creating a new user on the third party system. This user being the same username as the user that owns the Spectrum install on INHUSZ1-CASP

Joe