ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 14, 2020 09:58 AM
    I am in the process of proof of concept for the d-series software. I have the software installed and configured mostly. This morning i went to add a new agent however in the drop down list of agent versions it only goes to 11.4 is there a patch i need to update this? Is this relevant at all to the addition of the agent or more for documentation purposes?

Thanks in advance
    Dustin Neely
    BCBST

• 2.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 14, 2020 11:37 AM
    Edited by Andy Reimer Sep 14, 2020 11:45 AM
    Agent version numbers don't match the server application version numbers.  11.4 is (off the top of my head) the current version for system agents.  There is a chart somewhere that shows which versions of the agents are compatible with certain versions of the application.  I'll see if I can track it down.

Updated: clearly it's been a while since I've looked at updating our agents.  There is a version 12 systems agent.  Bottom line though, the scheduling manager can work with various versions of the agent.  In fact the agent software works with both DE and Autosys.

------------------------------
    Andy Reimer

• 3.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 14, 2020 11:54 AM
    Thanks Andy,
    I have version 12 installed and when I saw this wasn't sure if it was a necessity to have the agent version in D-series match the actual agent version installed. I will move ahead with the config and see what happens.

• 4.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 14, 2020 12:14 PM
    For what its worth, we are running DE 12.0.0.2 and when I go to add an agent I only get Release 11.3 as the most current option.  I can't seem to find the matrix, but I know there is a pretty broad range of support between agent versions and scheduler versions.  I doubt you will have any issues.

Andy Reimer

• 5.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 08:22 AM
    Hi,
    The DE (dSeries) 12.2 will work WA Agent R12 as well.  The agent drop down will not show 11.5 and R12 because these agents were released after the DE release.  All currently supported agents, i.e. 11.3, 11.4, 11.5 and R12 will work DE R12.1/12.2.
    The next release of DE will show the all previous agents in the drop down list.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 6.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 15, 2020 08:30 AM
    Is there a way to verify the actual version on the server where the agent is installed?

• 7.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 09:54 AM
    Hi,
    DE doesn't get the Agent version.  However, there are several ways to get the agent version remotely.  The simplest is to run the cybAgent -v on the agent machine.  You can create a DE job that will run that command. 
    E.g.
    Agent version from Job

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 8.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Posted Sep 15, 2020 10:02 AM
    Nice, can this be done for WINDOWS? I searched CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION DE 12.2 and only find info for running on LINUX.

• 9.  RE: d-Series and ESP agent version 12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 10:07 AM
    Hi Ken,
    Yes, you can run this as Windows job.  Just specify the correct path, e.g. D:\CA\WA_Agent\cybAgent.exe
     Add the same argument -vv.  

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto