ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Invoke-RestMethod

Posted Mar 06, 2020 12:17 PM
    Edited by Andy Reimer Mar 06, 2020 12:19 PM
    *** Can't edit the title of this, but this has nothing to do with Inoke-RestMethod.  That was a copy/paste error ***

I was sure I knew were to find this, but now I'm at a loss.  I want to change the number of seconds a system agent waits between monitoring for files.

This documentation says the "The agent uses the watch_interval as the polling interval for all subsequent scans." but I can't find any place that says where the watch_interval is actually set.

Anyone know?

------------------------------
    Andy Reimer

• 2.  RE: Invoke-RestMethod

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2020 12:39 PM
    Hi Andy,

It is a parameter defined in file watcher jobs (in this case Autosys scheduler):

Please take a look at the following articles:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=50790

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=13949

Leandro Laurenti
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Invoke-RestMethod

Posted Mar 06, 2020 01:51 PM
    Right, I forgot Autosys and DE use the same system agent, and as such the documentation could refer to either.  Is there a way to change the interval in DE?

Andy Reimer

• 4.  RE: Invoke-RestMethod
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2020 02:00 PM
    HI Andy, 
    There is a way to change it for the agent as a whole. See the notes below. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-system-agent/11-4/reference/ca-wa-system-agent-for-unix-linux-windows-or-iseries-agent-parameters-used-for-troubleshooting.html

filemonplugin.sleepperiod

Specifies the time, in milliseconds (ms), a Monitoring job uses as the polling interval for file monitoring. Specify no less than 1000 ms.
    Default:
     30000 (30 seconds)

Don

• 5.  RE: Invoke-RestMethod

Posted Mar 09, 2020 07:17 PM
    Thanks, I believe that is exactly what I was looking for, as long as it applies to File Triggers as well as File Monitors.  I'm trying to shorten the window between a file being dropped on a server and an APPL being triggered via a File Trigger.

The documentation implies this is for Monitor jobs and doesn't explicitly mention triggers.

Andy Reimer

• 6.  RE: Invoke-RestMethod

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2020 09:05 AM
    Hi Andy, 
    This will also work for file triggers.  
    Just a thought.  To reduce the trigger time to almost nothing, have the application issue a trigger command to dSeries. 

Don