Automation Analytics & Intelligence (AAI)

View Only
  • 1.  base64 issue during startup

Posted Feb 28, 2022 01:20 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone got the message :

"unable to decode base64 string: **** characters encountered in base64 data"

during the startup of AAI 6.3.1 or the use of the login command ?

Tried to set the character set to UTF-8 as indicated in some web sites but no effect.

Guess something related to the Java / Oracle / AAI combinaison of versions that need to be set or an Oracle DB access problem.

Thanks.

Regards.

Alain

• 2.  RE: base64 issue during startup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2022 04:29 PM
    What version of Java are you using?

AAI only support Java JDK or OpenJDK 1.8.X and the JAVA_HOME variable should be set before attempting the installation or startup.

• 3.  RE: base64 issue during startup

Posted Mar 13, 2022 08:13 AM
    java version "1.8.0_321"

I think that this problem is coming from the setting of AE REST API that was using the gzip option (gzipSupportEnabled=1 => changed to =0). The information returned by the API is then compressed and cannot be decoded by the java process.

This is not indicated in the documentation even if it is critical (as far as I can see it ! ).

Anyway I got only a few data and then nothing is loaded anymore in the AAI DB. Reinstalling the whole thing wasn't solving the problem. I guess some parameter is again not set properly somewhere but no indication where to look.

Still investigating  ....

Thanks for answering, glad to know someone is using this community.