AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  (Autosys) Enhancement request for Global Auto Hold

Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:18 PM
    Edited by Linda Williams Jan 16, 2020 02:27 PM
    Currently Global Auto Hold can be set to 0 or 1, basically on or off.
    I'd like to see an additional value of 3 added here to signify Global Auto Hold with different behavior.
    Today if a Box is force-started in Global Auto Hold all jobs under that box go on hold and the box is left RUNNING.
    For DR testing purposes it would be valuable if Global Auto Hold could treat each job in a force-started box as having been STARTED normally.
    So if you force-start a box, all jobs within that box are also started normally (not force-started).

Would appreciated feedback from the community on this idea.

• 2.  RE: (Autosys) Enhancement request for Global Auto Hold

Posted Feb 05, 2020 04:26 PM
    ​This is not a feature I have seen used in my area, but the explanation makes a lot of sense.  If I were to force start a box, I would expect the box to run the jobs contained within..even in a Global Auto Hold situation.  I would vote for this!

• 3.  RE: (Autosys) Enhancement request for Global Auto Hold
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2020 07:10 AM

This has been part of the product from way back. You have to start the product with it turned on. I don't suggest doing it ��

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  RE: (Autosys) Enhancement request for Global Auto Hold

Posted Feb 13, 2020 05:50 PM
    I never use it usually, but for DR it makes a lot of sense.   Having to start each job within the box makes it a bit less valuable.