AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  GUI vs Console - r12 Install

Posted Sep 30, 2020 09:48 AM
    Dear All,

When we install AE r12, the GUI based setup prompts for Application Server name and port number, but if it is console based install we can only specify the application server port and not its hostname/s.

How do we manually add additional app servers in this type of situation?

Regards
    Pothen

• 2.  RE: GUI vs Console - r12 Install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 04:10 PM
    Hi Pothen,

You can update the config file after the install to give the list of application servers.

Regards,
    Mike

• 3.  RE: GUI vs Console - r12 Install

Posted Oct 06, 2020 10:52 PM
    Hi Mike,

What about the agent? The document says

An example application server setting:
    communication.manageraddress_1=appServer_hostname
    communication.managerid_1=ACE_APP_appServer_hostname
    communication.managerport_1=7500
    communication.socket_1=plain
    If you have multiple application servers installed, you need an entry per application server. This setup is because the
    application managerID contains the hostname to allow for multiple application servers.

But I don't see these entries in any of my agents agentparm.txt file? How are the above added to the agentparm.txt file? I mean do we have to do it manually or???

Regards
    Pothen

• 4.  RE: GUI vs Console - r12 Install
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2020 12:42 AM
    The AutoSys application server dynamically registers with the agent and does not persist so you will not see it in the agentparm.txt.  Normally only the scheduler persists and it is also done automatically when you insert the machine into AutoSys and when the scheduler first starts up.

• 5.  RE: GUI vs Console - r12 Install

Posted Oct 07, 2020 03:21 AM
    Thank you. Did not know that application server entries are dynamic. 

May be the document should be updated to reflect this. The  below line is from the document and it confusing.
    "If you have multiple application servers installed, you need an entry per application server. This setup is because the
    application managerID contains the hostname to allow for multiple application servers."