AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workload Automation DE Variable

Posted Dec 09, 2019 02:37 PM
    Hi

I´m creating an application in WA DE that move a file using a batch file and I need to "discover" this file name to pass it as parameter to the subsequenting job.
    Some ideas on how to do it?

• 2.  RE: Workload Automation DE Variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 04:28 AM
    Hi,

Are you using arguments to pass the file names to the batch file which will be moved.
    If so, you can use Javascript variables to store the file names and use this variables in arguments and also in the successor jobs.
    You can refer the Application level Javascript variables - https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/ca-workload-automation-de/12-2/scheduling/using-javascript/symbolic-variables/user-defined-symbolic-variables.html

Hope it helps!
    Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: Workload Automation DE Variable

Posted Dec 10, 2019 08:41 AM
    Hi, i´m using variables in move job, but I have only partial file name and for the other job I need the complete filename.
    the file generated has the following pattern: titulos_ar(timestamp of date time generation)
    The next process will require the full filename.

• 4.  RE: Workload Automation DE Variable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 01:10 PM
    Hi,

If you can  please copy paste the job definition from DE here or show the screen shot on how the file name is used in first job and how you want it for the second job , it will be useful to see how this can be achieved.