AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Add an additional argument to existing arguments for multiple jobs at a time

Posted May 05, 2019 12:01 PM

Hello, 

We are using CA WA DE series version 11.3.3.0 in our work environment.

Can someone tell me if we have any option to add an additional argument (Y in my case) to multiple jobs that already has different arguments. 

Job1 already has arguments  A1 A2 A3       

&

Job 2 has existing arguments B1 B2 B3 

Is there any option for me to Add "Y" as an additional argument to both the jobs at a time ?

which makes it 

Job1 - arguments  A1 A2 A3 Y

Job2 - arguments  B1 B2 B3 Y

In my work environment, sometimes we come across this situation where we have to add an additional argument Y to 10's of jobs and we do it manually by going to reset definition of every job.  So any small help would be very useful for me and my team. 

• 2.  Re: Add an additional argument to existing arguments for multiple jobs at a time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2019 10:51 PM

Hi,

The best way to do is to add variable to your job and then can modify the variable.  There is no direct way to mass update jobs in 11.3.3.

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

Broadcom

• 3.  Re: Add an additional argument to existing arguments for multiple jobs at a time

Posted May 09, 2019 04:07 PM

Been while since we were on 11.3 but I think the following functionality is there:

In Define, right click on the application and select Save As... to save it as an XML file.

Use a text editor (Notepad++ or something similar) to Find/Replace the variable in question ( replace 'A1 A2 A3' with 'A1 A2 A3 Y')

In Define, right click on the Server connection and choose Open from File...

Upload the new application.

Getting the application out and back in could also be don with the export/import utility

DE is quite picky about the XML structure and if that is modified it will either not open the file or you may see jobs with red icons indicating a problem.  You will not be able to upload the application if these problems are not fixed.  Better to take care to not modify the XML structure and ensure you are only changing the content.