AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How can I change ulimit -l (max locked memory)

Posted Oct 26, 2018 11:20 AM

Hello,

I would like to launch a rman duplicate script from dSeries but it fails with an ORA-27137 error on a startup mount restrict command.

I think it's due to the max locked memory parameter (ulimit -l). The value is 64 when the script runs from dSeries and 72000000 on the server for oracle user.

I can set "User Limits" in the job definition but just for the -c, -d, -f, -m, -n, -s and -t options but not for -l.

Does anyone know if it's possible ?

thx

• 2.  Re: How can I change ulimit -l (max locked memory)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 09:25 AM

Hi,

Please see this link

If you have Oracle Support Account, then check this link.

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: How can I change ulimit -l (max locked memory)

Posted Oct 29, 2018 09:46 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My Oracle configuration is ok and I don't want to change it.

This script works fine today from another scheduler or remotely by ssh. So I just want to launch it from dSeries.

Unfortunately the "max lock memory" properties of oracle user changes when dSeries launch the script and that's the reason why Oracle returns this error.

Laurent

• 4.  Re: How can I change ulimit -l (max locked memory)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 12:07 PM

Hi,

To be specific, the script is executed by the CA WA Agent, not by the DE Scheduler.  Put in some kind of debugging in the script so we can see more details.  The user will inherit the properties of the user that started the CA WA Agent.  So check the user limit of the user (possibly root) of the agent.

HTH,

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies

• 5.  Re: How can I change ulimit -l (max locked memory)

Posted Oct 30, 2018 04:36 AM

Hello,

You're right. The script is executed by the agent and oracle user inherits the limits from root user, the user who started the agent.

Thanks for your help, it works fine now.

Have a nice day.

Laurent