AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys Job definitions Import / Export Options ?

Posted Oct 23, 2018 10:29 AM

Hi All,

I just want to confirm can we import our Job definitions in Autosys DB without importing the Machine details first.

In dSeries there was import/export utility by which we can import the schedules with the respective calendars from old environment to new envt. However, later on i needed to create/add/import respective calendars also.

My requirement is simple i want to know all the possible ways to import/export the Job Definitions of Autosys from old envt. to new envt. where in i dont want to import or define the machine definitions.

#autosys11.3.6

• 2.  Re: Autosys Job definitions Import / Export Options ?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2018 01:07 PM

you cant define a job without its machine definition..so to answer your question, you cant load a jil file that contains job definitions without loading the machine definitions first. 

• 3.  Re: Autosys Job definitions Import / Export Options ?

Posted Oct 23, 2018 02:16 PM

Prior to R11. it would have been possible. However as was pointed out you cannot have a job without a machine/AutoSys Virtual machine.

you also need to account for Resources , Calendars and global variables.

AutoSys is NOT a 1:1 to any other scheduler out there.. it's gotten close But it is still a unique product that does the job far better than others. 

just my 3 cents 

Steve C.

• 4.  Re: Autosys Job definitions Import / Export Options ?

Posted Oct 23, 2018 03:10 PM

Thank you for information daddepalli scarrobis