AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workload Automation for Cloud Applications

Posted May 11, 2018 07:25 PM

Who has plans for workload scheduling for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) environments? We are looking for a solution where we can schedule to the cloud applications, and I've read that with our current Workload Automation AE implementation there can be issues with handling transactions and file locking and extensive checkpoint logic would be required as any instance could go down at any time (based on demand). It would be nice to have a product that could perform pre-checks, improved recoverability and ability to run jobs in parallel if needed. Has anyone made these attempts with Autosys 11.3.6 and if so how much success have you had?

• 2.  Re: Workload Automation for Cloud Applications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2018 08:35 AM

Please see if this will help as a answer:

CA Workload Automation AE - CA Technologies 

• Built-in fault tolerance for a lights-out operation with intelligent, automated recovery
    • Dynamic workload placement across physical, virtual and cloud environments for resource optimization
    • Support for mainframe, distributed, virtual and cloud environments
    • As a benefit, Consistent and reliable service delivery across on-premises, cloud, big data and Internet of Things.

As per our documentation:

New Features - 11.3.6 SP7 - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documentation 

CA Workload Automation AE Certifications

• RHEL on Amazon Cloud with RDS

Please also go through:

CA WCC Operating System and Database Support - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Doc… 

- Support on Cloud

• 3.  Re: Workload Automation for Cloud Applications

Posted May 15, 2018 01:46 PM

Thanks Saicharan. I checked the link and it mentions cloud but that’s about it. We have a large and complex workload environment and are using Workload AE 11.3.6 SP6 and SP7 already. I have heard that future releases of Workload AE are planned to address scheduling in a cloud PaaS or IaaS environment, but right now the intelligence isn’t quite there yet for those dynamic environments.

If there are ways around it with additional scripting that anyone is using, I’d love to hear more about it.

Thanks,

Lisa

• 4.  Re: Workload Automation for Cloud Applications

Posted May 15, 2018 02:03 PM

• 5.  Re: Workload Automation for Cloud Applications

Posted May 15, 2018 04:20 PM

Thanks Chris,

I did see that video last week. Unfortunately it seems to be more about placing Autosys in the cloud, rather than scheduling to applications in the cloud.

Appreciate it!

Lisa

• 6.  Re: Workload Automation for Cloud Applications
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:03 AM

Lisa,

The WA AE 12.0 release will include a feature we're referring to as "Web Service Orchestration". The feature will include significantly expanded SOAP web service, REST web service capabilities, including the ability to easily exchange data between one of more web service requests. We have some customers automating SaaS application today using a combination of existing tools like cURL, web services job types, and Java (POJO). The 12.0 release will significantly simplify this.