AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  config WCC  HA Mode

Posted Aug 31, 2017 05:41 AM

Hi.

I have set the WCC HA (win2k8) mode with external Oracle DB and WCC version is 11.3.6.

If WCC 01 server is down, then I  can not login to WCC 02 server with EEM credential err.

Of course even If WCC 02 server is down, I can login to WCC 01 server.

How can i configure WCC HA mode  so that I can login to WCC02 when WCC 01 server is down?

I want to set the WCC HA mode that i can login to any WCC server whenever  any WCC is down.

Many thanks.

• 2.  Re: config WCC  HA Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 06:16 AM

Hi,

Are you able to login to WCC02 at all? I mean regardless of WCC01 server status.

I believe there is something not right between the EEM and WCC02.

If you are able to access  WCC02 only when the WCC01 is up, I assume the EEM is installed on the same server as WCC01 and when you stop WCC01, somehow the communication between the WCC02 and EEM is being interrupted (may be the server down or stopping the EEM services as well).

All the WCC servers in a cluster should be up and running regardless of the status of the other nodes.

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 3.  Re: config WCC  HA Mode

Posted Aug 31, 2017 08:39 PM

Hi

I agree with your opinion.

My goal is that I can always login to any WCC whenever one of WCC servers is down.

How can i set to do that on my env?

Do i need change any configuration in current setting or re-installation WCC?

• env

HA - as1, as2 (unix)

HA - wcc1, WCC2 (win 2008 r2)

DB - oracle RAC (using AS, WCC)

Regards,

WoonGyo

• 4.  Re: config WCC  HA Mode
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 09:22 PM

Hi WoonGyo,

I assume your wcc1 and wcc2 are configured to the same wcc database and the same EEM (as WAAE). Then, it must be good.

Both wcc servers should not have any problems as long as they are able to connect to the wcc database, EEM and the application server.

How's the EEM configured is it a multi-write (cluster)? if or if not, is it installed on the same server as WCC?

Is the wcc2 complain on login error always? What's the error message in specific?

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 5.  Re: config WCC  HA Mode

Posted Sep 01, 2017 05:16 AM

Hi,

If EEM is installed in WCC01 and WCC01 is down,  so there is no more EEM available.

you need to install EEM in another machine so that if  WCC01 or WCC02 in HA mode is  down

the EEM still available and the failover will be done successfully.

I hope this response suits your need

Thanks and regards,

Faouzia

• 6.  Re: config WCC  HA Mode

Posted Sep 01, 2017 07:29 AM

If you have EEM on wcc01 only, then install on wcc02 as well and create an EEM HA cluster (documented in EEM docs using the %CA Shared Components Dir%\EmbeddedEntitlementsManager\bin\eiam-clustersetup.bat) using wcc01 as the master as this is where all the rules are currently and then add wcc02 as a slave (this will then create an EEM multi-write cluster) which will be available if either wcc01 or wcc02 is active.