AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Simulate command that displays %APPL._ftfile

Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:01 AM

Is there a way to pass an argument during the SIMULATE function where %APPL._ftfile will display the full path/filename in the jobs I trigger from the file watcher JOB I setup? So I can verify the information propagating throughout my application.

I usually set my file watcher up as an EVENT instead of a file watcher JOB, this way I can see the full name of the file throughout the job flow by using the %APPL._filename variable in the jobs I setup in the Application.

• 2.  Re: Simulate command that displays %APPL._ftfile
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2017 11:35 AM

Hi,

The %APPL._ftfile is a builtin variable. It gets its value when the File Trigger has executed.  The variable will get populated with full path and filename and is available to all jobs within the same application generation.  Please note that each generation may have different value for this variable.

If you are just simulating an event, then it won't be able to show you the path or filename.  If the variables value is dependent on job execution then it can't show that in simulation.  The simulation can only show you what variables will get passed, how and when.  

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies