AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple Run Frequencies in External Job

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:36 PM

Ques 1- Suppose in Example: Create a Cross-Application Dependency (Posted here - External Jobs - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.0 - CA Technologies Documentation )

The APPL1 runs at 10AM Monday Tuesday Wednesday and 3AM Thursday Friday.

Then in APPL2 in External Job X what should i enter in AT window.
    I have tried following time period but none of them are working :-
    1. 10AM 3AM ( External Job is looking for 3AM run istead of 10AM run and gets stuck in EXTWAIT)
    2. 10AM Monday Tuesday Wednesday, 3AM Thursday Friday
    3. 10AM, 3AM
    4. 10AM TODAY, 3AM Thursday Friday

Ques 2- APPL1 runs at 7:45PM Monday to Friday and APPL2 runs at 12:01AM.

The Monday's run of APPL2 is dependent on APPL1's Friday run, how can i implement this kind of scenario ? (Lookback option of Autosys is possible in D-Series or not ?)

Ques 3- APPL1 runs at 7AM, 9AM Monday to Friday and APPL2 runs at 8AM, 1PM. What can i define on AT level that APPL2 8AM run picks up APPL1 7am run and similary when APPL2 triggers at 1PM it should look for run of APPL1 at 9AM ?

• 2.  Re: Multiple Run Frequencies in External Job

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Can you help me in designing this with both options available using AT and FROM - TO.

• 3.  Re: Multiple Run Frequencies in External Job
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:55 PM

Is the information provided via the support case helpful?

1. For the external Job X, use the 'From - To' fields to specify the range of time when the job is scheduled to run in APPL1.

2. You can schedule APPL2 to run at 12:01 AM as needed. If Monday's run of APPL2 is dependent on APPL1's Friday run, use Alert JavaScript in APPL1 when it completes to trigger APPL2 on Monday at 12:01 AM, for example;

if(today(‘Friday’))

{

execTrigger('SCHEDMASTER.APPL2', 'ADD', '12:01 AM MONDAY');

}

3. Use the ‘From – To’ fields in APPL2 instead of ‘AT’ field, same as in (1).

Please refer to the examples in the docs for details;

- Synchronize Applications

- Create a Cross-Application Dependency

Darryl can schedule a webex with you if further assistance is needed.