AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a file trigger Job in Autosys which is running fine, but at the time of server reboot this job returns failure status. can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

• 1.  I have a file trigger Job in Autosys which is running fine, but at the time of server reboot this job returns failure status. can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:56 PM

• 2.  Re: I have a file trigger Job in Autosys which is running fine, but at the time of server reboot this job returns failure status. can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 01:20 PM

Because you killed the agent while it was waiting on a file.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  Re: I have a file trigger Job in Autosys which is running fine, but at the time of server reboot this job returns failure status. can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 12:43 AM

Thanks for reply Steve.

How can I avoid such situation? 

• 4.  Re: I have a file trigger Job in Autosys which is running fine, but at the time of server reboot this job returns failure status. can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:25 AM

Don’t schedule the job to trigger before the reboot.

Have a must_complete by possibly.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.