AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SAP and Autosys Connection

• 1.  SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 07, 2017 04:54 AM
      |   view attached

Good day!

We are currently having problems with establishing a connection between SAP and Autosys. We have yet to try the instructions found in the Autosys User Manual, but we would like to ask for any alternatives that would help us establish said connection.

Attached is the instructions we have  found in the User Manual.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi,

You would basically need the same information as is needed to connect using the SAPGUI.

Including the user/password to setup the connection along with the XBP logon interface version.

Please find the documentation here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-agent-for-sap/11-3/en/installing/prepare-for-installation   

The screenshot looks like it is from the old pdf <Still valid based on the agent version you are on, though>.

What error messages do you see in the log?

The sap_plugin.log and sap_config.log under the <agent_install_dir\log> will capture the basic connection failure messages.

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 3.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 08, 2017 03:24 AM

Hi,

Don't forget the password must be encrypted.

To encrypt a password, use the Password utility that is provided with the agent.

Regards

Jean Paul

• 4.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 09, 2017 01:35 PM

Autosys QA command result

Autosys QA command resultHello,

Thanks for your reply. We're just new to Autosys application and haven't much knowledge. Now, our issue is we cannot execute a command in our Autosys QA but we're not having issue in PRD. Is it an authorization issue? Could you please help how we can fix this?

Attached are the screenshots.

• 5.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2017 03:26 AM

Hi,

Your guess is right, it could be an authorization issue. A valid credentials for the WCC User in the Credentials Application [ tab ] should be mapped. This user credentials will be used to access the WAAE Application Server to execute the commands (Means a valid OS login). Add and validate the user. If that resolves the problem for the current user, you might want to update "_GLOBAL_:  <user_id>" credentials, to set the default  credentials all the users.

Thank You!

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 6.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 11, 2017 11:56 PM

Hi Kishore,

I am now able to execute a command. Going back to connectivity issue, the machine corresponds to SAP and Autosys connection has a status " Missing". I tried to start the machine but the status just turn into " Unqualified" and later on become missing again. Are the logs available in application level? Could you advise the actions needed to get the machine back to online?

Thanks in advance.

• 7.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 09:09 PM

Hi,

Please try the communication test using 'autoping' while watching log receiver.log (tail -f).

Here are the basic reasons for agent communication failure.

1) Agent-Manager communication ports:  Please review the doc# TEC1464756 and enable the network traffic.

2) The agent_name : the agent name in the machine definition could be different from what is defined in the agentparm.txt file in the agent install location. You need to verify that well. Making correction in the agentparm.txt file would require a quick recycle of the agent process.

3) The encryption, Jean Paul has explained the error message and solution in detail.

Hope this info helps!

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 8.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 12, 2017 03:10 AM

Hi Edouardo

Please look into the receiver.log file in the log directory of the System Agent.

If you see messages like 'bad padding', it has to do with encryption and I if the encryption type is the same as another agent, you can copy, in binary mode, file cryptkey.txt to this agent.

Then restart the agent.

If it does not work, please open in case at CA support and upload the following documentation:

- all the files from the log directory of the system agent

- the agentparm.txt file

- the nohup.* files located in the installation directory of the agent ( if there are not empty )

- the definition of the machine

Thanks and regards

Jean Paul

• 9.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 16, 2017 04:20 AM

Hi Jean Paul,

This is receiver.log file I found. I don't see "bad padding" included in this and we're having quite a hard time understanding these messages. Thanks for your help! We'll open a case too as you suggested.

Log Started Sun May 14 15:24:20 CDT 2017 with level 5
    -----------------------------------------------------
    05/14/2017 15:24:20.335 CDT-0500 2 main.MainThread.CybReceiverScheduler.<init>[:105] - Creating the processor pools[2]
    06/14/2017 05:10:14.065 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:157] - Conversation from 127.0.0.1:55612 to 127.0.0.1:7520 arrived
    06/14/2017 05:10:14.069 CDT-0500 1 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:213] - Can't parse the message: cybermation.library.communications.CybConversationWrongMessageException: Wrong target
    06/14/2017 05:10:14.081 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:252] - Exiting conversation
    06/14/2017 05:12:36.054 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:2>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:157] - Conversation from 127.0.0.1:55769 to 127.0.0.1:7520 arrived
    06/14/2017 05:12:36.063 CDT-0500 1 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:2>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:213] - Can't parse the message: cybermation.library.communications.CybConversationWrongMessageException: Wrong target
    06/14/2017 05:12:36.064 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:2>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:252] - Exiting conversation
    06/14/2017 05:13:21.454 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:157] - Conversation from 127.0.0.1:63605 to 127.0.0.1:7520 arrived
    06/14/2017 05:13:21.460 CDT-0500 1 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:213] - Can't parse the message: cybermation.library.communications.CybConversationWrongMessageException: Wrong target
    06/14/2017 05:13:21.461 CDT-0500 2 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:252] - Exiting conversation

• 10.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 16, 2017 04:26 AM

06/14/2017 05:13:21.460 CDT-0500 1 TCP/IP Controller Plugin.Receiver pool thread <Regular:1>.CybReceiverChannel.receive[:213] - Can't parse the message: cybermation.library.communications.CybConversationWrongMessageException: Wrong target

"Wrong target" means the agentname in the agentparm.txt does not match the agent_name in the machine definition. 

Thanks,

Chandru

• 11.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 19, 2017 03:47 AM

Hi Chandru,

Thanks for the reply! Can I ask as to where or what file would i see the agentname for a specific machine so i could compare it to the one in agentparm.txt? I mean, is there any file where I could see the machine definition? Thanks again in advance.

• 12.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 19, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi Ed,

The agentparm.txt is available under the CA WA System Agent installation path. The default System Agent path for WAAE is /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/SystemAgent/WA_AGENT (on *NIX).

In the agentparm.txt, you'll find a parameter named "agentname" which tells the System Agent what name it goes by, while communicating with the Scheduler.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-agent/11-3/en/administrating/configure-the-agent/configure-agent-parameters 

Thank you,

Chandru

• 13.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 20, 2017 12:48 PM

Hello Chandru,

I was able to locate the agentparm.txt file and identify the "agentname" parameter. Upon looking in Autosys, the machine name that we are using is .

I would like to confirm if this is the machine definition that you mentioned? If not, any chance you would know where I could locate it?

Thanks again in advance!

• 14.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:59 PM

Hi Ed,

If you execute command `autorep -M sdcffiqa200 -q`, you'll see an agent_name attribute in there. We need to ensure this matches the agentname parameter value in the agentparm.txt.

Thanks,

Chandru

• 15.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 21, 2017 07:44 AM

Hi Chandru,

As per checking, agent name defined in the machine sdcffiqa200 is the same as the one in the agentparm.txt.

• 16.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 21, 2017 04:32 PM

Ed,

Do you have multiple System Agents installed on sdcffiqa200? If yes, then it is likely that the Agent listening on port 7520 (communication.inputport parameter in the agentparm.txt) has a different name than WA_AGENT1. Please check the agentparm.txt for WA_AGENT1 and see what port it is setup to listen on.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 17.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 29, 2017 02:52 PM

Hi Chandru,

There is only one system agent installed. Also, as to how I see it in the agentparm.txt seems like it matches the communication port configured in sdcffiqa200. Please see below.

• 18.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jun 29, 2017 06:38 PM

Hi Ed,

Please restart the WA_AGENT1 service and see if it improves the situation. Forward the agent_properties.log.

Else, please open a Case with CA.

Thanks,

Chandru

• 19.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jul 06, 2017 01:51 PM

Hi Chandru,

I've been trying to restart the agent but it is not working. Restart is also not reflected on the agent_properties.log

• 20.  Re: SAP and Autosys Connection

Posted Jul 13, 2017 02:29 AM

Remember this is the SAP plug-in, which means that you can have a separate "agentname" for this plugin.  Thus you can have 2 agentnames even when only 1 system agent is installed.  In the SAP plugin section of the agentparm.txt file you need to check if a different agentname has been specified.

Regards, Andrew