AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  "What I'm Working On" (WIWO) for the Week of July 10, 2017

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 10:44 AM

Good morning and happy Monday, CA Workload Automation Community! First -- an apology. When I launched WIWO a few weeks ago, my goal was to post every Monday morning. Then I was on vacation for nine days and couldn't post because the wifi was awful at our resort in Sedona, AZ. 

But, I got back last week and today is my first Monday back -- so let's get to it. Here's what I'm working on this week:

• I'm also the community manager for CA World -- so I've spent most of my morning posting announcements about CA World '17 Registration, which opened today. If you register by August 25, you can get in on the Summer Super Saver Rate of just $695
    • I'm working on some event and content management processes for the communities team -- formalizing and documenting them. 
    • And perhaps most interesting to the folks in this community, I'm working with product management and marketing about some upcoming webcasts. Look for more details soon.

That's it for me. What are YOU working on this week? Even if you don't need help -- maybe someone else is doing something similar and could use YOUR help. 

What are you working on?

• 2.  Re: "What I'm Working On" (WIWO) for the Week of July 10, 2017

Posted Jul 11, 2017 01:00 PM

We're preparing for a dry run of the datamover migration for Production, R11.0 to 11.3.6 SP5. Running datamover requires a lot more room in the undo and temp tablespaces (Oracle), and we want to ensure a successful migration/cutover when we do it "for real".

Hoping everyone has a great week

• 3.  Re: "What I'm Working On" (WIWO) for the Week of July 10, 2017

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 04:41 PM

Good luck, Jennifer! Let us know how it goes!

• 4.  Re: "What I'm Working On" (WIWO) for the Week of July 10, 2017

Posted Jul 12, 2017 02:09 PM

We have Charles Walls here helping us put Agents, ARF and global variables and Web UI in at our shop.   I've been having fun learning new commands and all kinds of new stuff that is in the books but we just never used. 

• 5.  Re: "What I'm Working On" (WIWO) for the Week of July 10, 2017

Posted Jul 12, 2017 03:24 PM

I am working on a way to be able to schedule and automate uploads into production so I don't have to work nights or weekends when people need application updates that coordinate with off hours changes. 

Its still rudimentary and requires a few extra steps to stage.  However, working on Thursday during business hours and scheduling a CLI job is better than logging in to make changes on a weekend.