We want to switch from 2 node environment to 1 node environment. It has been configured on Vmware cluster.
We want to remove remove backup node without collapsing everything
I tried to find any info on ca.com - no luck so far.
Thx for help in advance.
when you say node what exactly are you talking about Primary/shadow scheduler(EP)
Yeah we want to remove backup scheduler.
From what I understand you are running Autosys in HA ( or HA with Dual Server mode) and you would like to run in Single server mode?
If this is correct,
1) Double check if the first node is acting as the Primary scheduler by looking into this option:
RoleDesignator=1 ( 1 is for the Primary Scheduler ).
2) Secondly remove the second application server from the Application Server list ( AutoServer option on Unix)
3) Then stop Autosys on the Shadow machine
4) Stopt/Start Autosys on the Primary node
If you are running in HA mode with Dual Event Server ( in short , with dual databases ), ensure that:
1) your DBEventReconnect option is set to 50 and not 50,5 ( which is the default value) on the primary node
2) remove your second EventServer_2 from your settings on the primary node
3) Finally, if you are running in HA Dual Server mode, there is no need to run with a tie-breaker scheduler. Therefore you can also stop this 3rd Vmware machine.
Then you can stop and restart the primary scheduler/application server
Thank you - thats the answer I was looking for.
It is not easy to give an answer when it is difficult to understand the question. I for one asked you exactly what you meant by backup node.
And not knowing Shadow / dual event .. there’s no way of giving you the proper answer.
I am glad this was answered but please be a wee bit clearer next time.