AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I would like to gain a better understanding of the CA Workload Automation File Transfer functionality - both pro's and con's; and if the con's drove a decision to choose another software.  We are building a fit-gap analysis for managed file transfers; and

• 1.  I would like to gain a better understanding of the CA Workload Automation File Transfer functionality - both pro's and con's; and if the con's drove a decision to choose another software.  We are building a fit-gap analysis for managed file transfers; and

Posted Oct 20, 2016 12:01 PM

I am hoping others can weigh in on CA Workload Automations managed file transfer functionality. 

- Any known gaps that had to be addressed - or drove the decision to choose another provider.

- And special functional or technical knowledge requirements

- The learning curve timeframe

And, if anyone would consider a short conference call to share their experience.

• 2.  Re: I would like to gain a better understanding of the CA Workload Automation File Transfer functionality - both pro's and con's; and if the con's drove a decision to choose another software.  We are building a fit-gap analysis for managed file transfers;
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2016 02:58 AM

Hi Tom

Details about the architecture and how the System Agent can be configured to act as an FTP client or FTP server and how to configure SSL FTP can be found at:

Setting Up and Running FTP Workload - CA Workload Automation Agent - 11.3.05.00 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Since 11.3 SP4, following enhancements have been added to FTP job types

The following enhancements have been made to FTP and SFTP jobs:

• Support for the ASCII transfer mode in SFTP jobs. In previous releases, SFTP jobs supported only binary transfers. FTP jobs already support binary and ASCII transfers.

• Support for public-key authentication to the SFTP server. In previous releases, SFTP jobs supported only user authentication. In an SFTP job, you can specify an FTP user ID (user authentication), a private key file (public-key authentication), or both (multifactor authentication).

• Support for Delete Operation in SFTP Jobs

The agent now provides the ability to delete files and directories when using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Through this enhancement, you can delete source files after a transfer and, optionally, delete the directory that contained them for both upload and download file transfers. 

Regards

Jean Paul