View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

WCC && WAAE Single Server

Steve Carrobis

Steve CarrobisMar 11, 2016 04:29 PM

• 1.  WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 11, 2016 04:18 PM

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience in this type of setup. I was looking to see if I could put my WCC server on the same machine as my WAAE server installation. Right now I'm getting an error during my WCC installation when trying to point to the EEM server. It says server not responding. I'm going to make sure it's not a DNS issue on this fresh server, but while I wait to make sure all DNS entries propegate has anyone else done this type of setup?

If so did you hit any obsticales along the way?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 11, 2016 04:25 PM

There are nothing but obstacles with this type of implementation. I strongly recommend against this and officially the recommendation is to deploy WCC and AE on separate hosts.

• 3.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 11, 2016 04:29 PM

agreed.

Steve C.

• 4.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 14, 2016 07:35 AM

I have had no problems what so ever running my small sites like this for some years (on windows). My wcc-instances has very few users, and I don't run that many jobs either compared to what others might run I believe (maybe 30000 per day per instance), I must add. Good luck.

• 5.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 14, 2016 06:11 PM

try using FQDN fully qualified hostname <hostname.domainname>, I have EEM/WCC/AE on the same server on HP-DL580G8 beefy systems, non-prod and prod env, no issues connecting to the eem server.

• 6.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 15, 2016 02:15 AM

We have several systems (Windows) where the WCC, AE and DB are on the same system (along with EEM) with no problems.  Looking back at the config we have used "localhost" as well as the local name, with no issues resolving names/services in either case.

• 7.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 15, 2016 09:01 AM

Thanks Everyone for the posts and suggestions. The FQDN is set and everything should be working, but I'm still getting some "EEM Server Not Responding" errors. I will a fresh install, as this was simply installing WCC and Common Components ontop of an existing autosys server.

I will let you guys know how it goes, I'm glad to know at least this is not a fool's errand and it should work! Thanks!

• 8.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 15, 2016 09:22 AM

This explains your error.  Basically SPIN/iGateway framework that hosts EEM and ECLI is getting confused.  ECLI in the AE install always installs a 32bit version regardless of the OS, EEM requires a 64bit version on a 64bit OS, and so fails if a 32 bit version is already installed bug in the installer.

So remove all SPIN/igateway components, then from the COM dvd install EEM specifically go to the directory (do not use the default installer) and force a 64bit install.  Check EEM is installed and working, then WCC, and finally the ECLI component (if you need it) again from the specific directory on the AE dvd (not using the default installer).

Good luck with the clean up and then re-install

• 9.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 18, 2016 03:14 PM

Thanks cooper, I've seen that. I think I saw one of the EEM logs list it as 32 bit. Now I have everything uninstalled, but I can't seem to find the directory that contains the installers on the CommonComponents iso. What would you recommend as the best strategy, install common components without EEM first, then goto the EEM installer directly?

Thanks!

• 10.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 21, 2016 06:50 AM

We tend to only use EEM from the common components dvd. And yes I always use the specific EEM installer as it avoids other install problems (especially when using drives other then C: for the install location).  However if you use the default installer and EEM is the first iGateway component then a 64bit iGateway will be installed and you can check EEM is working after the install.  Then you have to go to the AE dvd and do a manual ECLI component install so that it correctly sees the 64bit iGateway and correctly installs a 32bit ECLI component into it (when run from the general installer, this does not happen consistently).

Now several issues where opened on the this bitness soup for 11.3.6sp2, and I know CA have been looking to fix the issues (and appear to have made some headway on this) but I have not been able to check the situation with sp3 and sp4 which have come out recently.  Note: it is documented (all be it in some obscure corner) that on 64bit EEM needs to be installed before ECLI.

Good Luck

• 11.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:54 PM

Although you can make this work, I can only echo previous posters that advise against putting these all on one server.  For one thimg, it can make upgrades very tough.

• 12.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:02 PM

Any thoughts about having WCC & EEM on the same server ?

Once upon a time that was the favourite, so as to eliminate lag time between WCC & EEM.

Thanks

- Chris  T

• 13.  Re: WCC && WAAE Single Server

Posted Mar 31, 2016 11:24 AM

That seems to be less problematic Chris, have done that quite a few times.  However, if EEM is in HA then keeping it all separate is ideal.