AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

• 1.  There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 11:43 AM

There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

The script is configured in Agent A and i want to run in server B using SSH !!

• 2.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 11:47 AM

Possibly, by the use of the remote exec Agent plugin.

Chris <CJ>

• 3.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 11:52 AM

Hello Cris,
    Thank you for the anwser.

You mean that i´ve to deploy a agent but not add to the Server ?

• 4.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 12:35 PM

Through Telnet or Secure Shell (SSH2), the CA WA Agent for Remote Execution, allows you to define and run remote execution jobs.

Good Luck!

Chris <CJ>

• 5.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 12:41 PM

Hello Chris,

But with a remote agent plugin, i´ve to spend a license ?

can you send me an exemple of a job configuration with SSH2 ?

Thank you

Regards,

NAJ

• 6.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 11:26 PM

Hi NAJ,

Yes, Remote Exec Agent/plug-in takes up 1 license count.

Could you please let me know which CA Workload Automation manager you are using? AE (AutoSys) / DE (Dseries) / Other? We’ll try to get you a sample WOB/Job.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru

• 7.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 31, 2017 02:14 PM

From a licensing perspective the Remote Execution (RE) agent is a 6 to 1 ratio meaning a system agent can connect to 6 RE nodes for a single agent license.

Also, the RE agent is referenced in the AE, DE, and Agent documentation.

DE: CA Workload Automation DE - Home - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

AE: CA Workload Automation AE and WCC - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documentation 

Agents: CA Workload Automation Agents - CA Workload Automation Agents - 11.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 8.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:27 AM

Hello Chandru,

Can you post it a sample of the configuration job using the Remote Exec Agent/plug-in ?

Thank you.

Regards,

NAJ

• 9.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 01, 2017 08:09 PM

Step 1: Install the Remote Exec plugin (proxy) on the CA WA System Agent node (Server LODII018Y in this example)

Install CA WA Agent for Remote Execution - CA Workload Automation Agents - 11.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Step 2: Configure the Remote Target node (ubuntu) on the CA WA System Agent (LODII018Y).

Step 3: Define LODII018Y as Remote Execution agent in the Agent Topology on the Desktop client.

Step 4: Define the Remote Execution Job:

Step 5: Trigger the job and wait for it to complete.

On the Target node (hdp-pdo):

I hope this helps!

• 10.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:03 AM

Hello Chandru,

Thank you.. that ill help.

I´m going to deploy the RA.

Regards,

NAJ

• 11.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 03, 2017 12:22 PM

I am not seeing any type of instructions to setup the properties file on the Agent the RE Plug-in is being installed on, I do not see any information about setting up the entry into the CRED table so that you are able to run a successful PROXY job type either.  Are you aware of those constraints as well as knowing that you cannot use GVAR's or EVAR's when you set it up and using the "SSH2" to connect to the *nix server that you are going to run thru.  You should also know that from one Plug-in you can point to the Remote Execution over to a max of 6 other servers.  After you get the install of the plug-in setup remember to go into the config/proxy directory on Agent and create your properties file for the server you plan to run to.  Your owner attribute is used to log into the server and the reason why you need the CRED table entry and, when setting up that properties file after you have the ID and PWD then remember to run the PWD thru the "password" exec that is found in the /opt/CA/Workload Automation AE/SystemAgent/WA_AGENT/ area, this is the same path that you will find you config directory after a successful install ..  Using PROXY in many processes now and its been a very successful process after you follow the proper setup in the beginning.  

Good luck and feel free to reach out if you run into questions!

• 12.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 04, 2017 10:44 PM

@Clark: Valid points for WA AE . Thank you! However, NAJ is using DE for the Workload manager, so autosys_secure, CRED table, global variables, etc are not applicable.

• 13.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2017 02:32 AM

Hello,

If the scheduler is CA-WAAE ( Autosys ) here is a test job which is going to trigger a proxy job type (remote execution) on machine agent1 running  the System Agent with the proxy plugin.

In this example, script /test1 will be executed on remote node remote1 through SSH from machine agent1

/* ----------------- remoteex1 ----------------- */

insert_job: remoteex1 job_type: PROXY
    machine: agent1
    owner: autosys
    permission:
    date_conditions: 0
    alarm_if_fail: 1
    remote_target: remote1
    success_codes: 0
    remote_command: "/test1"

Regards

Jean Paul

• 14.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Jan 31, 2017 05:06 AM

Hello All,

Thank you for the anwser.

I cannot aply 1 more licence

I using CA WA DE 11.3

• 15.  Re: There is some possibility to  executing a script on a machine that does not have CAWA agent installed but that communicates via SSh by a machine that has agent installed ?

Posted Feb 22, 2017 09:33 AM

If you are really stuck you can of course create scripts that will execute commands on a remote server via ssh.  You will need to manage login credentials, usually by public/private keys (which may be considered a security risk).  But 'ssh' has always had this capability.