AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  imexutil.sh on CA DE 12.0 don't work

Posted Oct 03, 2016 05:07 AM

Hi all, i have a problem with imexutil.sh on CA DE 12.0, with the version 11.3 i have no issue and i can use it to trigger an application from the client.

With the 12.0 this script don't work and i can't understand why. If i try to exec it from command line i have this logs:

[root@client work]# sh -x creaxml.sh
    + /opt/ESPSystemAgent/Command_Utilities/imexutil.sh -h HOSTNAME -p 7500 -u USER -w PWD -c 'importapplication -file /opt/ESPSystemAgent/Command_Utilities/work/Utenza/'
    Imexutil: ú¬àùu{Y±rdJz4ì!·æD

what can i check on the new master?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: imexutil.sh on CA DE 12.0 don't work

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 01:43 PM

Hey gunpr01 or rugst01 -- can you help with this question?

• 3.  Re: imexutil.sh on CA DE 12.0 don't work
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 10:52 AM

Support case was opened and the following resolution provided:

The 'imexutil' utility is only available on DE Server (manager) installations. On a non-manager machine, you can install the Agent (includes agent and espmgr utility), the CLI (command line option to run some commands, but not import/export) and the Desktop Client (which includes the CLI perspective but not imexutil).

If you have imexutil running on your System Agent r7 machine, you must have installed a DE manager there. Sure, you may be using the imexutil to connect to the 11.3 DE server remotely, but there must be some DE manager installed locally as well.

Now, for DE 12 you can only use the imexutil for version 12. It is located on the DE 12 server. You cannot do export/import from another machine unless you install another DE 12 server there.

• 4.  Re: imexutil.sh on CA DE 12.0 don't work

Posted Nov 28, 2016 10:55 AM

Thx

i'll change the way to trigger this application.