AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

• 1.  hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Mar 26, 2015 06:01 AM

hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between them , like bug fixing, new futures, new function,etc.  I need to prepare the new guide to user.

looking forward to your reply.

Message was edited by: joy zang

• 2.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Mar 26, 2015 11:07 AM

Make sure that you attend the WA(Dist.) GUC webcast on 4/21/15 from 11:00 AM EDT to 12:30 PM EDT.  CA Mike Woods will be presenting "CA AE 11.3.6 SP1 New Features and Migration Assistant".

• 3.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Mar 26, 2015 11:22 AM

I'm sure CA has an official document, but in the meantime.  These are the big changes in my opinion:

• New job types
    • Improved performance
    • FW wildcards
    • Longer command and conditions in jil.
    • New jil parameters:  Application & Group
    • Look-Back Dependency
    • Extended Calendars
    • Must Start and Must Complete
    • Machine Online/Offline

• 4.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted May 09, 2015 12:16 AM

yes...

• 5.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted May 09, 2015 12:15 AM

is there another one ? I think i missed

• 6.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Mar 26, 2015 11:56 AM

Joy,

There are many differences / architecture changes between the WAAE 4.x, WAAE 11.0, and WAAE 11.3 / 11.3.5 / 11.3.6 releases.

One of the larger differences between WAAE 4.x / WAAE 11.0 and WAAE 11.3.x is the use of the System Agent vs. the older Remote Agent.

The WAAE 11.3 Release Notes chapter 6 is titled "New Features" and contains the the following:

Chapter 6: New Features

New Product Name (see page 33)

New Agents (see page 34)

New Job Types (see page 37)

Support for Virtual Resources (see page 40)

New Machine Type (see page 40)

Cross-Instance Job Dependencies with CA Workload Automation EE (see page 41)

Must Start Times and Must Complete Times (see page 41)

Manual Intervention for i5/OS Job Types and the New REPLY_RESPONSE Event (see page 42)

New as_test Command (see page 42)

New forecast Command (see page 42)

New archive_jobs Command (see page 43)

New autoprofm Command (see page 43)

New Scheduler Startup Settings on UNIX (see page 43)

Monitoring a Condition Continuously and the New ALERT Event (see page 44)

Logging a Job's State Changes and the New STATE_CHANGE Event (see page 44)

Improved Log Maintenance (see page 45)

Specifying the localhost (see page 45)

Appending Event Message Text in Scheduler Log File (see page 46)

Specifying an Instance-Wide Encryption Key (see page 46)

Polling for Resource Availability (see page 46)

New reindex.pl Script for Rebuilding Database Table Indexes (see page 47)

The WAAE 11.3 Release Notes chapter 7 is titled "Changes to Existing Features" and contains the the following:

Chapter 7: Changes to Existing Features

Legacy Agent Replaced by CA Workload Automation Agent (see page 49)

Differences Between the Legacy Agent and the New Agent (see page 49)

Encryption and FIPS 140-2 Compliance (see page 56)

Pound Sign (#) Allowed in Object Names (see page 56)

Command Substitutions Not Allowed in the watch_file Attribute (see page 57)

Removed Commands (see page 57)

Scheduler Startup Options Removed from the eventor Command (see page 58)

Job Profiles Manager and autosysreport.exe Integrated with the Administrator Utility (see page 58)

Changes to Cross-Instance Job Dependencies (see page 58)

Updated autoping Command (see page 59)

Updated clean_files Command (see page 59)

IPv6 Support (see page 59)

Change in as_owner Policy Validation (see page 59)

KILLJOB and SEND_SIGNAL Behavior (see page 60)

These chapters would be a good starting point.

Regards,

John McCarthy
    Senior Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 7.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 09, 2015 09:55 PM

hello, thanks for your reply. can you please provide the differences links between WAAE4.5 and WAAE11.3.6? I need it.

• 8.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 09, 2015 10:00 PM

we have https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/253/253_r11_upgradebenefit.pdf. but we need more detailed one, like autosys4 don't have BOX_NO_SUCEESS environment variable, but waae11.3.6 has. do you have this ?

• 9.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 10, 2015 07:51 PM

Please refer to the New Features section in WAAE 11.3, 11.3.5 and 11.3.6 SP1 Release Notes.

• 10.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 10, 2015 07:16 AM

It's a completely different product. There are some similarities, but there's a drastic change especially 4.0 , which in my opinion was one of the buggiest releases ...

3 job types to 60+ if you go that route. agents are all active listeners now.. It's a lot. basically if you get the 11.3 11.3.5 feature guide. that will pretty much sum up the differences.. ;-)

Steve C.

• 11.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 12, 2015 09:25 PM

Moreover ON_ICE works differently between 4.0 and 11.3. JOB_ON_NOEXEC and JOB_OFF_NOEXEC have been introduced in 11.3.

• 12.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 13, 2015 08:23 AM

edaniel835 in what way is it different? you do know that 4.0 was big ridden correct?

• 13.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 13, 2015 03:23 PM

In 4.0, if the ON_ICE job is still in the list, so the dependent jobs are running as the ON_ICE job is success. However, in r11.3, ON_ICE job is still in the list but the dependent jobs are running as it ( ON_ICE job) is not at all in the list. It gives erratic behavior. 11.3 manual also clearly says,

"ON_ICE

Indicates that the job is removed from all conditions and logic, but is still defined. Operationally, this condition is equivalent to deactivating the job, and it remains on ice until it receives the JOB_OFF_ICE event. "

• 14.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted Apr 13, 2015 03:30 PM

ON ICE is always Ignore this job but if the job needs the dependency consider it true. Anything different is a bug.

It has been that way since 1.0. and if the manual says deactivating then CA is changing autosys vernacular and shame on them ..

NOEXEC means run the job and set to success.

• 15.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted May 09, 2015 12:14 AM

NOEXEC is good. ON ICE seems will cause mess.

• 16.  Re: hi , do you have the new futures of CA workload AE compared to autosys 4.0 ? I hope i can get the discrepancy report between. looking forward to your reply.

Posted May 09, 2015 12:18 AM

yes, on ice cannot be sent INACTIVE in 11.3.6.