AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only

Workload Automation dSeries Edition (DE) Office Hours Transcript - 11/20/14

• 1.  Workload Automation dSeries Edition (DE) Office Hours Transcript - 11/20/14

Posted Nov 20, 2014 11:37 AM
    Lenn Thompson - CA to Everyone:Good morning, everyone. We will get started here in a minute.

Lenn Thompson - CA to Everyone:Okay everyone -- let's get started.

Chris Egan to Everyone:In the title of the meeting it indicated DE, I wasn't sure what this means.

Nitin Pande (CA) to Everyone:Hi Chris, Welcome to Office Hours.  The DE is for dSeries.  It has been re-branded as CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries Edition).

Rio Satriyo:Hi

Nitin Pande (CA):Hi Rio

Lenn Thompson - CA:Hi @Rio. Do you have a quesiton about CA Workload Automation DE?

Rio Satriyo:Hi Nithin

Rio Satriyo:yup

Lenn Thompson:Please feel free to ask @Rio

Rio Satriyo:When WADE will able to handle menu-driven in i5?

Nitin Pande:@Rio Are you referring to the i5 (AS/400) agent?

Rio Satriyo:yes

Srinivas(CA):@Rio this is informed to our Agent Product management and i will let you know if this has been prioritized in future release or not

Srinivas(CA):@Rio i know you are asking for i5/agent enhancement in menu driven scrapping and Auto Reply MSGW.

Rio Satriyo:yup...you gotcha

Rio Satriyo:o...hi srini

Srinivas(CA):@Rio any other questions?

Rio Satriyo:I have one more question, how DE handles crontab jobs?

Lenn Thompson - CA:@Joao: Welcome to DE office hours. If you have any questions for our product experts, just type it right here in the chat session!

Nitin Pande (CA):@Rio To convert conjobs, you simply code UNIX jobs in DE.  You define the scripts or commands  cron to a UNIX job.

Nitin Pande (CA):@Rio We support all kinds of jobs.  Windows, UNIX, Database etc.  The DE desktop client is very easy to use and intuitive.

Srinivas(CA):@Rio We were planning to have built-in tool in future release to expose options in UI and convert cron jobs to DE Unix jobs

João Fernandes):Joao, please feel free to ask any questions you have about WA DE.

João Fernandes:i have a simple question. is it possible to have 2 CAWA DE servers to excute jobs on the same agent. what is the precautions that we have to consider if we do so

Segun Oduntan - CA:@Jolio. Yes, you can configure multiple DE managers to execiute jobs on same agent.

Rio Satriyo:@srini, Is it mean that DE will have converting features?

Srinivas(CA):@Rio this is something that we are planning to have at present. Nothing concrete yet to inform you on when we deliver cron conversion capability.

João Fernandes:the migration prespective. after the migration of de v11.1 to v11.3, we wanted to change all jobs's snmp notification agent to a specific one. what do you recomemd us to do?

João Fernandes:can we do it automatically in the xml file?

João Fernandes:or there is another options

Segun Oduntan - CA:@Jolio. The precuation to consider in agent configuration to communicate with the multiple DE managers in agentparm.txt file.

Nitin Pande (CA):@Joao As of now mass update via XMl is not recommended and supported.

João Fernandes:ok

João Fernandes:thanks

Nitin Pande (CA):@Joao What you can do now is to use some variable for setting up SNMP notifications.  Change all your existing applications to it, then in furture you can simply make changes to the variable.

Segun Oduntan - CA:@Jolio.  For example, in agentparm.txt file communication.managerid_1=DE_MANAGER1

communication.manageraddress_1=host.example.com

communication.managerport_1=7507

communication.monitorobject_1=AGETN/AGENTMON1.0/MAIN

communication.managerid_2=DE_MANAGER2

communication.manageraddress_2=host2.example.com

communication.managerport_2=7507

communication.monitorobject_2=AGETN/AGENTMON2.0/MAIN

João Fernandes:yes. i will consider it

João Fernandes:1 question/suggestion: on the desktop client, after we double click on a job in the monitor secction, we got the details. are you considering to add the commnet field in that details? because we are using the tag field to put some quick comments of the job to quick access.

Pradeepan Gunabalasingam (CA) to Everyone:@Joao, Can elaborate a little more on your request.  There is an option to add reason when you force complete and resubmit job.

João Fernandes:yes i know. it is just something informative for us to know that the job does.

Srinivas(CA):@Joao then you can enter comments at the Job Definition time

Srinivas(CA):@Joao you can right click in Monitor perspective on a Job and chose the option "Show Comments"

João Fernandes:yes you are right. my sugestion is for save some time. a quick acess of the description of the job  in the monitor section

Srinivas(CA):@Joao i understand  the usability point of view, why you are saying that. Could you please post this to Ideation  CA Communities? Thanks in advance.

Lenn Thompson - CA:Thanks for your participation today. We hope you found it helpful!