Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Pages - Author

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 03:57 PM
    How do you look at a custome page in Rally and identify who built it?
    When I create custom pages, I append the name of the page with my initials (EK) at the end to remember that I built it.
    Any other suggestions/recommendations?
    Also, a lot of custom pages are in vogue for awhile and later fall into disuse.
    How can we identify custom pages that no longer are being used, so we can delete them?
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    Program Manager
    Broadcom, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Custom Pages - Author

Posted Jun 25, 2020 04:29 PM
    When a custom page has sharing enabled or disabled, or is deleted, it should show up in the revision history of the workspace.

• 3.  RE: Custom Pages - Author

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 05:50 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, Mitch!
    Our workspace goes back 6 years and has 29,000 entries.
    Is there a way to extract that data into a file where I can do a search for a custom page name to find when it was created and by whom?
    Thanks!
    Gene

--

Eugene Kania

Program Manager – Mainframe Software Division

Broadcom, Inc.

Tel: +1 630 300 5306
    Mobile: +1 630 781 1104

eugene.kania@broadcom.com

• 4.  RE: Custom Pages - Author
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2020 05:56 PM
    Not that I know of.  How many pages is it?  I have over 300 entries on a single page. Not sure if/when a second page kicks in.  If you can get 29k to load on a single page (does it do that?) then maybe CTRL+F on your browser would be effective in searching.

• 5.  RE: Custom Pages - Author

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2020 09:21 AM
    Your simple suggestion worked great, Mitch!
    Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    Gene

--

Eugene Kania

Program Manager – Mainframe Software Division

Broadcom, Inc.

Tel: +1 630 300 5306
    Mobile: +1 630 781 1104

eugene.kania@broadcom.com

• 6.  RE: Custom Pages - Author

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2020 04:24 AM
    Edited by Nik Antonelli Jun 26, 2020 04:42 AM
    Hi Eugene,

It's not pretty, but I can get you close using the webservice docs. Apart from that, it would have to be a custom app.

If you go to https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/ and then go to the entry for 'Revision", you can put the following into the "Query String" box, tick the "Fetch full objects" checkbox, and leave the other unchecked and click on the query button.

((Description contains "Custom page") AND (Description contains "new project"))

A pop-up should appear with the list in JSON format. If I do it in Firefox, then it gets automatically formatted into a nice layout for me. It has the date it was shared and the user that did it:

What this won't tell you is if anyone is using it. The 'accesses' are logged by our system, but it requires a Support case and a whole load of work by our engineers to extract info on so many.

Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software