Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom board options (wip count and collapse)

Posted May 28, 2020 12:43 PM
    I notice that when you use the portfolio kanban board you can set wip limits and collapse columns. However, we created a "custom board" to set up our own columns and notice that neither of those features appear.

Am I missing it or can you not do that with custom board?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Custom board options (wip count and collapse)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2020 02:41 PM
    Hi Chris.

You're correct. The Custom Board app doesn't offer WIP Limits or collapsing columns. WIP Limits are specific to flow states and so they're inapplicable in a more generic way for other fields. Collapsing columns obviously can be implemented generically, but apparently this is an older app and it wasn't implemented.

I'm uncertain if the Portfolio Kanban Board you referred to was the Rally page under the Portfolio menu, but you should know there is also an app called: "Portfolio Kanban Board" available in the app catalog which you can include in your dashboards and this app does have both these features you had mentioned.

As to the Custom Board: 
    I wouldn't know if Engineering will want to prioritize implementing collapsing columns, but if you'd like to follow up on that then you will need to post an enhancement request to our ideas site.

Thanks,
    Sagi