Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Email notification to Distribution List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 04:53 AM
    Is there a possibility that Rally will send a notification email to one specific distribution list when the defect which was created by Wolken Soft  in particular value stream, is not assigned to anybody for a certain period (e.g 3 days)​.  
    By doing so, we want to ensure that cases are processed on time (SLA) in the situations when certain people are absent, or cases are not assigned to correct teams.

• 2.  RE: Email notification to Distribution List
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 05:13 AM
    Hi Eda,

You could consider that Rally is a 'passive' system in that it only reacts to external events rather than generating any itself. It would require an 'active' process (e.g. external program) to check for the 3day period and then email the distribution list.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Email notification to Distribution List

Posted Feb 25, 2020 10:07 AM
    This could be accomplished with Notification Rules, using last changed date, if you could use something like "today-3" instead of a specific date. I would love to see that update, there have been plenty of times I've wanted to write a notification rule that was more flexible, like the queries we can put in app settings. Do you know if there is any way to do that? Or am I moving into webhook territory, which is beyond my current technical ability?

My question is how you could push that notification to a distribution list. We've had that request a number of times, but the only way I've come up with is to either have an account set up with a distro specifically for that purpose (not preferred) or to have one user set the distribution list as their email address. Is there another method I haven't thought of?

Terry Ginzburg