Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Posted 22 days ago
    Hi All,

I'm trying to query which Test Cases have workproduct defects with a specific milestone (release). I can find all workproducts with a given milestone, but I get user stories and defects. How do I just pull the defects?

The fields that I've tried that are only present on defects won't query.

(WorkProduct.Milestones.FormattedID = MI999) <<-- this works fine from Test Case but I get defects and user stories.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
    -Simon Varley

------------------------------
    [JobTitle]
    [CompanyName]
    [State]

• 2.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 20 days ago

Hi Simon,

There isn't a straight forward way to do this, but it can be done. There is a hidden field on the Artifact object named: TypeDefOid . This holds the definition object id of the object. So, if you wanted to distinguish only the defects for example, you'll need to:

1. Query the TypeDefinition endpiont and use a query such as: (Name = "Defect"), then find the ObjectID. let's say you get "12345".
    2. Back in your TestCase query, do:  ((WorkProduct.Milestones.FormattedID = "MI999") and (WorkProduct.TypeDefOid = 12345))

This will get you the workproducts of that test case which are only defects. Similarly, you can change #1 to query the TypeDefOid for other objects such as user story (HierarchicalRequirement) and others.

Please let us know if that helped.
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Posted 20 days ago
    Perfect!

All my dashboards are now showing only defects.

Thanks Sagi, that's a very useful trick for the toolbox.

Best regards.
    Simon Varley

[JobTitle]
    [CompanyName]
    [State]

• 4.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 20 days ago
    :)

Good deal. Glad it helped.

Sagi