Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Posted Jan 05, 2022 10:36 AM
    Hi All,

I'm trying to query which Test Cases have workproduct defects with a specific milestone (release). I can find all workproducts with a given milestone, but I get user stories and defects. How do I just pull the defects?

The fields that I've tried that are only present on defects won't query.

(WorkProduct.Milestones.FormattedID = MI999) <<-- this works fine from Test Case but I get defects and user stories.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
    -Simon Varley

------------------------------
    [JobTitle]
    [CompanyName]
    [State]

• 2.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 01:18 PM

Hi Simon,

There isn't a straight forward way to do this, but it can be done. There is a hidden field on the Artifact object named: TypeDefOid . This holds the definition object id of the object. So, if you wanted to distinguish only the defects for example, you'll need to:

1. Query the TypeDefinition endpiont and use a query such as: (Name = "Defect"), then find the ObjectID. let's say you get "12345".
    2. Back in your TestCase query, do:  ((WorkProduct.Milestones.FormattedID = "MI999") and (WorkProduct.TypeDefOid = 12345))

This will get you the workproducts of that test case which are only defects. Similarly, you can change #1 to query the TypeDefOid for other objects such as user story (HierarchicalRequirement) and others.

Please let us know if that helped.
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Posted Jan 06, 2022 01:58 PM
    Perfect!

All my dashboards are now showing only defects.

Thanks Sagi, that's a very useful trick for the toolbox.

Best regards.
    Simon Varley

[JobTitle]
    [CompanyName]
    [State]

• 4.  RE: How to pull defects attached to test cases in workproduct field, but exclude user stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2022 02:00 PM
    :)

Good deal. Glad it helped.

Sagi