Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can a Viewer/Editor identify Project Admin

Posted Apr 25, 2022 08:44 AM
    Hello!  Is there a way for a person with editor or viewer access to a team to identify who the Project Admin is for that team?  Right now, people come to our Rally Operations team if they are not sure, I was hoping there was a way they could find it in the tool.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Can a Viewer/Editor identify Project Admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:24 AM
    Hi Sheila,

Others have asked this question and it's a good question. Unfortunately there isn't an out-of-the-box way to find it within Rally. The two ways I can think of to include this information into Rally are:

1. Add a custom text field on the Project object and include there the contact info of the project admin.
    2. Create a custom page, use the Custom HTML app and create a "directory", where you can build a table of all project names along with their admin contacts.

Neither of these are ideal, and both of these options will require manual updates in case admins are changed/replaced.

Of course you are welcome to submit an enhancement request to have it available more naturally out-of-the-box.

Thanks,
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: Can a Viewer/Editor identify Project Admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:24 AM
    About option 2 - that custom page - you can then share it with the entire workspace.

Sagi

• 4.  RE: Can a Viewer/Editor identify Project Admin

Posted Apr 26, 2022 09:01 AM
    Edited by Neil Goodwin Apr 26, 2022 09:01 AM
    I so wish they could.  This is my #1 escalated request.  Until regular users can see who project admins are, users do now know how to contact to get permissions to projects.  This causes us to get 20+ helpdesk tickets a day asking for permissions to project X, Y or Z. 

Can you please check on this ​Sagay and proved an ETA on when this will be delivered.

------------------------------
    Neil Goodwin
    Clarity & Rally Service Owner
    Sabre
    ------------------------------