Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to add teams in Rally, and/or edit their names?

Posted Jan 25, 2021 12:59 PM
    I see there're some custom team names (QA, DEV, ProjectName1, ProjectName2 etc.), that eventually user stories can be tagged with. There's a certain list of projects within my organization's workspace, and team names are not directly associated to projects (excluding I guess the idea that teams were created upon creation of projects).

I have Project Admin permissions, but how can I add/rename team names, so that user stories could be tagged with relevant and actual team names?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: How to add teams in Rally, and/or edit their names?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2021 09:08 AM
    Edited by Christopher Pola Jan 26, 2021 09:10 AM
    Hello Oleksandr,

You are correct in thinking a Project (the object) represents an actual team (people), and it is acts as a container for their backlog. There are teams at every level in the organization and if you setup the Rally Project Hierarchy correctly (to represent the different teams at all different levels across the planning horizons/onion), then Rally is very powerful at automatically generating flow metrics. There are many good articles on the best practices in the Rally TechDocs plus also here is a blog post about it too.

How: To edit the agile 'project' team names, etc. as a Project Admin. Simply open the Project menu, then hover over the project that you are assigned Project Admin permissions. A utilities or gear icon will appear, click on that to access the administration pages that allow you to edit the hierarchy. I hope this answers your question. See below for pictures of this for both Classic or Personalized navigation.

Classic Navigation - Project Administrator Utilities Icon

Personalized Navigation - Project Administrator Utilities Icon

• 3.  RE: How to add teams in Rally, and/or edit their names?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2021 09:21 AM
    This is something your Rally Workspace Admin, or Subscription Admin, can do.

------------------------------
    SM, Application Support
    Cigna
    ------------------------------