Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2021 04:13 PM
    We plan to revert a recent change to Rally's Iteration Status page dropdown. We received some feedback following this recent change alerting us to issues it was creating for users. It was actually intended to address a defect. In the near future we will update with a solution to that defect that takes a more holistic approach to the many ways this drop down is utilized. What we thought was a defect fix had unintentional consequences to users workflows. We apologize for the oversight. Because we had been looking at this as a defect fix not an intentionally impacting change we also failed to give satisfactory notice of it. For that we also apologize. We hope we can turn around a revised update that will address the defect impacting some customers without disrupting the workflow of others. Your feedback on this matter and your patience while we address it is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Posted May 14, 2021 04:48 PM
    Hey Gwen, can you elaborate a little bit on what the change was and what it's going back to please?

------------------------------
    Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

• 3.  RE: Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2021 05:00 PM
    Certainly @Niveditha (Nivi) Gadamchetty the change was to the drop-down component from which a user selects which iterations they intend to view. The change was filtering out accepted iterations. Even though users can still access accepted iterations by searching for them this did create undo friction for getting at the view some users need to use this view for. So we are reverting the change and instead going to do something like show iterations closest to the current date (past, present and future) by default. I hope that helps​

• 4.  RE: Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Posted May 17, 2021 10:52 AM
    Is this why when I would copy a work item in an accepted iteration, it would fail and say (I am paraphrasing) "Accepted iterations cannot have items added to it?"  I thought a team just started accepting iterations when I came across it assuming it worked like this the whole time.

Will this behavior be reverted as well?

Neil Goodwin
    Clarity & Rally Product Owner
    Sabre

• 5.  RE: Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Posted May 17, 2021 10:57 AM
    Oh interesting Neil! I have had some instances happen this way too. Not the exact same scenario, but I've seen errors pop up related to the iteration field. I'd be curious to notice this now that some changes have been made.

Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

• 6.  RE: Reverting a Change to the Iteration Status page Drop-Down Field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2021 11:51 AM
    This unintended change has been addressed and accepted iterations are again showing in the Iterations Status iteration picker.
    @Neil Goodwin and @Niveditha (Nivi) Gadamchetty - the copy issue you mentioned is being worked and should be fixed shortly.

Best,

Andrea​​

Product Manager
    Rally Software